Martin's Broadcast Appearances Discussions

Comments

• Just answered my own question!

here is the link for Today's Jeremy Vine show:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/moreinfo.shtml

And click on the "Listen Again To This Show" icon about a quarter of the way down the screen!

;D

Danny.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    do we know roughly where within the 2 hour show it was featured ??
  • Pal
    Pal Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    It was about 1.30. I was in a taxi at the time and caught about 30 seconds of it.

Doesn't he talk fast when he's on the radio!
  • mini
    mini Posts: 833 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Martin appears at 1 hour 11 mins on the hear it again link.

Great to hear, your maths & speed were very impressive :)

mini
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    To be honest I spoke too quickly. I listened back - and while i normally speak quick - this was too quick at the beginning. Truth is when the 118118 chappy misquoted what i'd said last time, I lost my rag! However I think overall I had the better of it!
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • mini
    mini Posts: 833 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    From the previous messages I thought it had been a virtual boxing match, I don't think it came across that way you got a lot of information in which people will probably recognise from other things they have heard about how they didn't advertise charges at all well, you sounded stronger & convinced of your arguement as the other one waddled along.

mini
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    "That is a pile of pants" said Martin "I don't want to go there" replied Mr Ostrum. If Martins pants was steaming as much as his head I would'nt want to go there either ;D

Well done Martin
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
  • I cant get it to play!?! :(
    Am I being thick or do I need some sort of software to listen to it?

Help anyone Please??
  • Pal
    Pal Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Martin said: "I am also currently appearing in a series on Sky called 'Spend it like' It covers J-Lo, Tom Cruise, Robbie Williams and (yum) Kylie. "

Any chance of getting J-Lo's phone number? I understand she is a bit expensive to maintain but after a few months she gives you $10 million.

"(yum)" Kylie's phone number wouldn't be as lucrative but there would be other compensations. Unfortunately I assume I'd have to fight you for her number? >:(

Not having seen this programme I hope it does not involve you telling Tom Cruise that he should switch his bank account to Cahoot and apply for a cashback credit card?
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i don;t think it was really too fast - u did come across as though you knew what you were talking about & ran rings round the other bloke! i was just slightly concerned for ths state of your blood pressure! ;)

Rach :)
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family