Sun Holidays from £15pp January 2020 Codewords

Comments

• Oh my god.
    I am so sorry for the folk affected here! especially those whom have already made travel arrangements

I have never heard this happen before
    With love, POSR <3
  • essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    And it's now happened to me
    Flights have been booked as I've been on many Sun holidays with no issues
    I'm now looking at booking direct to Eurocamp or taking my own tent for the week
    I'll ring the helpline and hope they can get me a good deal
    Hope the Sun never uses these Greenbank clowns ever again
  • Just had my holiday cancelled too. Have booked ferry as well. No way I can afford to rebook somewhere else. So disappointed/angry.
  • bazzyb
    bazzyb Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    essex_boy wrote: »
    Hope the Sun never uses these Greenbank clowns ever again

Greenbank and Eurocamp are the same company, if they stop using them then there will be virtually no European holidays available through the promotion.
  • omg this is awful guys
    With love, POSR <3
  • misscoupon
    misscoupon Posts: 563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 January 2020 at 3:48PM
    That's terrible! How did you find out the booking was cancelled and was that after you received the Eurocamp booking confirmation?
    :grinheart It's Mrs Coupon now - saving and comping my way to a brighter future :grinheart
  • Hi Guys i to have been affected i had all 3 holidays cancelled after doing a fair bit of digging today through email servers the booking server and companies house here's a few things i found and had confirmed

green bank holidays LTD is in fact also eurocamp they use that name for the bookings side

the server and software to cause this issue was not the sun but in fact green banks

the emails and hotline you call for any issue for this is yes green bank but eurocamp are fully aware of what they have done but they are calling it their dedicated sun holidays team

they knew of the issue the day after the booking site opened but sat on it for a fair while as they told me to try find other dates but it became clear they had done this to far to many people so opted for the tough just take the refund

the people that got though after us early bookers but received all 3 emails were ok regardless of world pay taking payments

hope this helps
  • essex_boy
    edited 22 January 2020 at 9:20PM
    My holidays been saved
    I just booked direct through Luxcamp

https://lux-camp.co.uk/

Only cost me £10 more than would have been through the Suns deal as there's 6 of us including 4 children
    Got same date, 6 April for week at Bella Italia
    3 bedroom caravan
    Got my invoice and bill for future payments through almost straight away
    After my flights had been booked when the Sun Holiday was booked I'm so relieved
  • essex_boy
    misscoupon wrote: »
    That's terrible! How did you find out the booking was cancelled and was that after you received the Eurocamp booking confirmation?

No, no eurocamp confirmation came through
  • essex_boy wrote: »
    My holidays been saved
    I just booked direct through Luxcamp
    Only cost me £10 more than would have been through the Suns deal as there's 6 of us including 4 children
    Got same date, 6 April for week at Bella Italia
    3 bedroom caravan
    Got my invoice and bill for future payments through almost straight away
    After my flights had been booked when the Sun Holiday was booked I'm so relieved
    That's great news, fingers crossed for all of you who are affected.
    :grinheart It's Mrs Coupon now - saving and comping my way to a brighter future :grinheart
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback