Help With Student Loans - HERE!

Comments

• Jersy
    Jersy Posts: 554
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    slc,

im still studying, but is it possible to pay the normal repayment of say X, then pay Y when exta money is avaliable to clear off more of it?
  • slcworker
    slcworker Posts: 18 Forumite
    The statements are always sent out in september. but if you call up, we can give u the amounts over the phone, or send out a statement. x
  • Karnam
    Karnam Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    i am an 'old' student. that is i began in 2003, before the education grant and before top up fees.

i was assessed as being able to get everything, including my tuition fees paid for by the LEA. i got full student loan and full help with tuition but thats it. im under 25 and was assessed under my parents income.

im now a mum and am going back to uni in september, to the same course. my uni think i am a returning student. what excatly am i entitled to? can i get the grant now? do i need to borrow money for my fees or will it all be paid for my LEA again? im unmarried but my partner earns 18k, who do the LEA assess?
    :A Boots Tart :A
  • Hello Again SLC wrker :-)

!!! HELP !!!
    I have tried the #'s & it's the same HORRENDOUS loop to no one!
    I really want to speak to someone.
    Thanks again!
    :p:p:pBargain Babe-a-Licious! :p:p:p
  • slcworker
    kittenkirst: yeah its premium rate. x

jersy: yes, you have your minimum repayment amount, but can always pay more on top of that. By card or cheque...x
  • slcworker
    hey, yeah the phone service is useless. The following are the phone numbers
    Repayments ICR : 08702406298
    Repayments Mortgage Style (pre 99): 08702422211
    Student Finance Direct: 08456077577
    or Scottish New Students: 0800405010
  • slcworker
    Karnam: as u are starting a new course, it depends entirely on your LEA if you are entitled to support again, but there shouldnt be a problem.
    You can receive a non-means tested tuition fee Loan of £2700 with £300 in grants if ur income is low. with your situation you can also receive numurous grants in regards to childcare.
    We have a calculator on https://www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk and if you input your details it can assess you and give you a good idea of entitlement.
    x x x hope thats off some help.
  • Karnam
    Karnam Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    but i am on the same course at the same uni surely this means my tuition fees stay the same? ive certainly been told that they will be my uni, but will the LEA pay for them?
    :A Boots Tart :A
  • slcworker
    it depends if its classed as a continuation of your original course, if so then it will be fine and your tuition fees will only be 1200, but will still be a loan. You'd be best to check with your LEA on how they will class your situation.
  • So, the nice bloke said there are absolutely no loans available to part timers... :-(
    Who's right???
    I need the dosh to pay my fees :-)

Thanks again.
    :p:p:pBargain Babe-a-Licious! :p:p:p
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills