Bush, Argos, B&Q or us at fault

We recently purchased a new kitchen from B & Q. We purchased an integrated Bush Dishwasher to be fitted within. We followed the fitting instructions from the dishwasher using the fixing kit supplied with it ( containing 2 large headed screws and 2 velcro fixing pads) to fit the B & Q cupboard door. The dishwasher has only been used twice and a few hours after using the appliance, we heard a loud bang in the kitchen. We went into the kitchen to find the cabinet door had fallen off, resulting in the corner of the cabinet door hitting the floor and damaging the corner of the cabinet door. I spoke to someone from Bush, who said I needed to contact Argos, which I did. Argos said "as we don't provide the fitting service or the door, we are not liable for any damaged caused to your pre-existing belongings."
I explained that the fixing kit supplied with the Bush appliance, purchased from Argos, was obviously inadequate for the purpose, to which their reply was "if you feel that way, I advise you to seek independent advice." Is there anything I can do? It looks like we will need to purchase another cabinet door from B & Q and a different, more adequate fixing kit, at extra cost to ourselves.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Nickyno
    Nickyno Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Dishwasher purchased from Argos
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    you need to follow Argos's advice and get an independent report to prove the issue was with the fitting kit and not because you fitted it incorrectly. If an independent report proves this then you can seek damages from Argos.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Have you looked at reviews for this dishwasher online? Is there anyone else having issues with this fitting kit?

These things tend to get attention when things go wrong, what is the model number? If there are no other complaints then it may be a mistake was made fitting the door on.
  • JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    We recently had a Bush dishwasher installed by John Lewis.

The front panel was attached with at least 6 screws and Velcro pads.

Sounds like yours didn't have enough to do the job, as above, you need an independent report to prove that before moving on with any case against anyone
  • zoob
    zoob Posts: 573 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    JamoLew wrote: »
    We recently had a Bush dishwasher installed by John Lewis.

The front panel was attached with at least 6 screws and Velcro pads.

Sounds like yours didn't have enough to do the job, as above, you need an independent report to prove that before moving on with any case against anyone

I think you mean a Bosch dishwasher and not Bush as Bush is a exclusive brand to Argos
  • JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Apologies, yes it was a Bosch.

Regardless it still sounds as tho the OPs didn't have adequate fittings to securely attach the front panel - whether by omission or "design".
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    So what was wrong with a b & q dishwasher? Surely they offered one with their kitchen?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure