Options
1100101102103104106»

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »
    I've just recieved a letter from Sky informing my monthly bill is increasing from £7.50 (o2) to £18.29pm - is this correct?

Won't be hanging around long at that rate.

Sky's ADSL broadband is £15 standalone, £12,50if you have tv, £10, if you have phone and £7.50,if you have phone and tv and that's before any special offers.

Odd amounts occur as they charge arrears up to payment day, plus a month in advance.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They have applied supplements for not having Sky TV and Sky Talk @ £7.50pm
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Sky's ADSL broadband is £15 standalone, £12,50if you have tv, £10, if you have phone and £7.50,if you have phone and tv and that's before any special offers.

Odd amounts occur as they charge arrears up to payment day, plus a month in advance.

I read they debit your bank 2 weeks after connection and on the date of connection thereafter. I.E.

BILL ONE: Go live 7th - Debited 21st. (Charged 7th to 6th)

BILL TWO: Debited 7th (Charged 7th to 6th)

BILL THREE: Debited 7th (Charged 7th to 6th)
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I_luv_cats wrote: »
    I read they debit your bank 2 weeks after connection and on the date of connection thereafter. I.E.

BILL ONE: Go live 7th - Debited 21st. (Charged 7th to 6th)

BILL TWO: Debited 7th (Charged 7th to 6th)

BILL THREE: Debited 7th (Charged 7th to 6th)

I was asked what debit date I would prefer.
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    It's credited directly back to you via the DD set up by O2. It will be done when the DD would normally have been taken after your next O2 bill.

Sky will also set up your own account with them to take your money.

Exactly as you said. :)

Seem to have 'lost' £1.35 in the changeover.

A small price to pay for what should be 2yrs free broadband. :T
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • paul_b82
    Options
    Hi,

Just received my first bill from sky broadband and my suspicions for the last 9 months have been confirmed.

Having received numerous emails, letters and calls telling me that I should expect a great service and cheaper broadband rental, my first bill is twice my usual charge!

I received an unsolicited phone call late last year, I’d imagine these are recorded, please have a listen, where it took me 20 minutes to explain I do not have a television and that I don't care about receiving free sky TV, that I had signed up for 12 months line rental with BT and that all I wanted to was a similar line rental and that if the cost increased I could cancel.

I was assured that my line rental would be cheaper there were no extra charges.

Then today I receive this which is charging me for the 'free' TV which I didn’t want and the line rental through no fault of my own that I didn't need as already had.

This is at best laughable and more accurately blatant misselling .

Any advice?

Date Description Amount (£)
    19/03/2014 - 15/04/2014 Sky Broadband Unlimited with Welcome Discount Offers (standard price=£7.50) £1.35
    16/04/2014 - 15/05/2014 Sky Broadband Unlimited with Welcome Discount Offers (standard price=£7.50) £1.50
    16/04/2014 - 15/05/2014 Sky WiFi £0.00
    19/03/2014 - 15/04/2014 Sky WiFi £0.00
    19/03/2014 - 15/04/2014 Supplement for not having Sky Talk £4.52
    16/04/2014 - 15/05/2014 Supplement for not having Sky Talk £5.00
    19/03/2014 - 15/04/2014 Supplement for not having Sky TV £2.26
    16/04/2014 - 15/05/2014 Supplement for not having Sky TV £2.50
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    paul_b82 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just received my first bill from sky broadband and my suspicions for the last 9 months have been confirmed.

Having received numerous emails, letters and calls telling me that I should expect a great service and cheaper broadband rental, my first bill is twice my usual charge!

I received an unsolicited phone call late last year, I’d imagine these are recorded, please have a listen, where it took me 20 minutes to explain I do not have a television and that I don't care about receiving free sky TV, that I had signed up for 12 months line rental with BT and that all I wanted to was a similar line rental and that if the cost increased I could cancel.

I was assured that my line rental would be cheaper there were no extra charges.

Are we talking about Line Rental or Broadband? It's O2's BB that's gone over to Sky - nothing to do with Line Rental with BT unless you actually want to change your Line Rental.
    Then today I receive this which is charging me for the 'free' TV which I didn’t want and the line rental through no fault of my own that I didn't need as already had.

This is at best laughable and more accurately blatant misselling .

There's no mention there of Line Rental, only Broadband.

As to the supplement for not having Sky TV, what's the problem? With O2 you got a discount for having an O2 mobile - with Sky they start at a lower price and add on a supplement. Amounts to the same thing.
    Any advice?

Date Description Amount (£)
    19/03/2014 - 15/04/2014 Sky Broadband Unlimited with Welcome Discount Offers (standard price=£7.50) £1.35
    16/04/2014 - 15/05/2014 Sky Broadband Unlimited with Welcome Discount Offers (standard price=£7.50) £1.50
    16/04/2014 - 15/05/2014 Sky WiFi £0.00
    19/03/2014 - 15/04/2014 Sky WiFi £0.00
    19/03/2014 - 15/04/2014 Supplement for not having Sky Talk £4.52
    16/04/2014 - 15/05/2014 Supplement for not having Sky Talk £5.00
    19/03/2014 - 15/04/2014 Supplement for not having Sky TV £2.26
    16/04/2014 - 15/05/2014 Supplement for not having Sky TV £2.50

What exactly is the problem?

For one month's BB it is costing you £1.50 + £5.00 + £2.50 = £9. O2's legacy package for BB was £9.50pm so I'd guess you're 50p better off each month.

Your first bill will always be more as it includes the time you switched ( ie in your case 19th March) to the first billing period (ie 15th April) and then a month in advance.

So £8.13 for that back period from 19th March till 15th April and then £9pm from then on.

Sky seem to have done exactly what they said they would do.
  • pgq1
    pgq1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I signed up to the full TV, Phone (talk service) and broadband package way back in August 2013. After initial installation we found the phone and broadband didn't work and we were only able to make 1 phone call after which the line went dead. The broadband worked periodically but we had no service in general. I called SKY in September 2013 and was sent a new phone/broadband splitter which when installed made no difference. I called again a number of times but got really p*ssed off with their average waiting times of 20 minutes. The lack of phone and broadband became a big issue for me and in October I called to cancel as the phone and broadband were still unavailable. The thing that riled me most was that each time I called I asked for and was promised a call back to complete the cancellation process and on each occasion the call back never came. I was since advised that the response was sent to my sky tv interactive messaging service but because I don't have broadband I never saw the messages and even if my broadband had worked there was no alerts to direct me to the sky tv message facility I.e useless, pointless and crap. When I finally called the SKY team in March 2014 to finally cancel the full package I was at the end of my tether and just wanted to end the horrible experience as I have had an appalling service from their customer service and technical teams from beginning to end. On this final call their retention agent spent 28 minutes trying to retain me and I finally managed to get them to cancel my account. If that wasn't bad enough, their social media team (sky community' contacted me (this is April 2014) and I spent a further week with them and eventually got exactly the same defensive lines that I got from their phone agents and a derisory offer of £8 credit. Sky most definitely only care about new business and their existing customers are secondary. Their customer and technical service is annoying, exasperating, arrogant, slap dash, inept and rubbish and I ask everyone to give them a really wide birth. Now suing them out of pure principal:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure