Broke toe/s in hotel room...

Hi all.

So I'll be completely honest about this. I stayed in a Travelodge in London last month. I kept stubbing my toes on the bed (as did my daughter and said she also had the same problem last time she stayed in the exact same hotel). On one of the evenings of my stay, I stubbed it so hard that I broke at least one toe, although I think it could possibly three toes (hospitals don't x-ray for broken toes anymore which is understandable).

I thought nothing of it. Accidents happen. The bed was not faulty in any way. But a few people have said I may be able to do some kind of accident claim so thought I'd ask on here what your opinions are.

I didn't report it to the hotel at the time but did go to the hospital the day after I got home.

I very highly doubt there's any claim as they weren't at fault! But as I say, just thought I'd gather some opinions.

Thanks!

Comments

• In what way might Travelodge have been to blame to form the basis of this claim?

And how much money do you want from them?
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    In what way might Travelodge have been to blame to form the basis of this claim?

And how much money do you want from them?

Well obviously they have toe-breaking beds but they do not know because no one tells them while they are staying there.
  • There really needs to be a 'mind your toes' sign at the end of the beds in hotel rooms.
  • Did you not see the bed? Why did you walk into it?
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    I’m not sure people are reading the whole post. The OP thinks it was their own fault and that the hotel isn’t in any way responsible.

... but they still wonder if they can screw some money out of the situation.:(
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    So you both kept doing it! Weird.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    After the first time, did it not occur to you to be slightly more careful?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    You need to stop listening to people who think that every accident is a claim. If I was shopping and walked into the cash desk, I wouldn't blame the shop, I'd blame myself for being an idiot. There's probably nothing they can do about people stubbing their toes on their beds. Would you have rather slept on a mattress on the floor?
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 October 2019 at 7:21PM
    You need to stop listening to people who think that every accident is a claim. If I was shopping and walked into the cash desk, I wouldn't blame the shop, I'd blame myself for being an idiot. There's probably nothing they can do about people stubbing their toes on their beds. Would you have rather slept on a mattress on the floor?

No, she'd probably trip over it.

A few times!
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    z1a wrote: »
    No, she'd probably trip over it.

A few times!

True!

:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories