Is this kitchen quote reasonable

Hi

I'm hoping to modernise my kitchen. My house is a newer build (12 years old) two bedroom terraced. The kitchen measures 212cm by 313.5cm. The quote covers kitchen units, worktops, handles, a sink, mixer tap, oven hood and cost of fitting. It doesn't include tiles (floor or wall), fridge/freezer or oven. It's a shaker style that I am looking at.

The quote works out at £4544.72. Of that £1741 is for fitting costs.

I've never had any building work before so I am wondering if this sounds reasonable to any with experience?

Comments

• ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    It depends on the quality of the units, the material and finish and whether you have many complex units - pan drawers, corner units with pull-out storage etc. You can use an online kitchen planner on Ikea or DIY.com, put in all your quoted units and get a price comparison. Then see if your supplier will price match. If not, consider shopping elsewhere!
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • MarcTJTD
    MarcTJTD Posts: 92 Forumite
    2.8k for kitchen furniture + worktops sounds rather reasonable, but ka7e is absolutely right, the quality of the cabinetry and doors can vary massively on kitchens as can the number/type of units.

If you have a quote that you can upload, people familiar with the manufacturer/range that you've chosen can give you better advice on whether you're getting a good deal or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure