Insure4Retirement - Your Feedback

Comments

• I've just this minute come off the phone having taken out a combined buildings and contents policy and they couldn't have been more helpful.
    I initially clicked the MSE link and filled out the online form which resulted in the quote being over £250 dearer than what we're currently paying. I was then called about two minutes later by the insurance co who informed me that as I'd not put a gap in my postcode or filled out the employment box properly - they didn't have relevant option - then a lot of under writers are missed out in the search. The lady pointed out that they're currently having changes made to the online form and very kindly went through all policy options and made relevant changes which then resulted in us now paying £20 less than our current policy. Plus, we get the £75 Amazon gift card which incidentally comes as an E voucher apparently, in 90 days time hopefully!
    All in all very pleased with the service so far. Oh, also worth opting for £0 voluntary excess as that only increased our policy by £12 as opposed to having to an extra £100 on top of the compulsory £150 should we make a claim.
  • I have tried this link on Google Chrome and Firefox but it will not open ? with the message we have technical issues at the moment, please phone direct. I dont think you would get the voucher by phoning ?
  • curlytail
    curlytail Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Initial quote was around £260 then read that need to put a gap in postcode so a requote of £199 (ridiculous that the software does not account for this). this is still twice the price of the well-known companies on the comparison sites even so not worth it for my daughters flat even with the Amazon voucher
  • Got Home insurance cover with them on Sataurday as price was same ballpark as last years insurer.

However read the policy same night and realised that i had insured the rebuild for £227 not 227K!!!

When i rang to change this it doubled the price so I had to cancel.

Their website needs a 'are you sure?' prompt on this field as £227 only gets you about 500 bricks!
  • brizzie_2
    brizzie_2 Posts: 37
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Doesn't want to know me. I presume because I am 85m from a stream with a dribble of water in it, 3m below the house. Zero flood risk according to the Environment Agency. Not impressed. Plenty more fish in the stream.
  • ThePants999
    ThePants999 Posts: 1,748
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    brizzie wrote: »
    Doesn't want to know me. I presume because I am 85m from a stream with a dribble of water in it, 3m below the house. Zero flood risk according to the Environment Agency. Not impressed. Plenty more fish in the stream.
    Must have more than a dribble of water in it then! ;)
  • Hi

Visited Insure4Retirement the process was pretty much the same as other online insurance sites.
    I was surprised the quote was more than £100 more than my current insurer. This was before any policy additions were added like Legal £25, Home Emergency £66, Keycare £15.50.
    I cannot recommend this site even though a voucher for Amazon/Debenhams £75 was on offer...:(
  • wazza99
    wazza99 Posts: 370
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Double the cost of my Direct Line renewal £196 v £97, no thanks.
  • gas123
    gas123 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Wasted 30 mins trying to get a quote as there is a problem with their website.
    Eventually gave up and telephoned where the price is mega expensive compared with usual quotes
  • Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,439
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I have my house and contents with them for the sole reason that I struggled to find another insurer that would cover my expensive bikes. Seperate bike insurance is horribly expensive.

I did have my CF road bike stolen last year, and despite the fact that we had failed to lock the side gate when we went out, they sorted a replacement without any hassle and my premium only went up £20 after that claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure