PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Old landlord messing me about

2»

Comments

• baldelectrician
    baldelectrician Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You can record your calls without telling the other party in the UK if it is for your own personal records and you are not going to distribute the call to third parties

If you have a phone with an Android system you can record your calls.
    I use ACR and the full version uploads calls to drop box, as I run a business I have the call recording mentioned on my site and also have a message stating this when the call is connected.

Download the call software from the play store and try it to see of it works before you buy.

Don't take poo from this guy and remain calm - you may end up having to go to the police.

The police may or may not take it on- a hate crime depends on where you may be from.
    To digress slightly a Tory MP told a Scottish school pupil at a private school in England to "f*** off back to Scotland" when she said she supported Scottish independence.
    Had he told her to F*** back to Pakistan or India it would probably have been a hate crime (and equally unacceptable and wrong)
    baldly going on...
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

The police may or may not take it on- a hate crime depends on where you may be from.
    To digress slightly a Tory MP told a Scottish school pupil at a private school in England to "f*** off back to Scotland" when she said she supported Scottish independence.
    Had he told her to F*** back to Pakistan or India it would probably have been a hate crime (and equally unacceptable and wrong)

This reminds me of a description of someone who was described as being as close to being an alcoholic as you could be without actually being an alcoholic. ;)
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • theartfullodger
    theartfullodger Posts: 14,582 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'd say that's a hate crime... mind you, what does one expect, "nasty party" 'n all....
  • Torfoxwell
    Torfoxwell Posts: 90 Forumite
    i had exactly the same issue before when i moved out , my landlord hadn't put mine in a protection scheme , send a letter saying as you cannot agree you will leave it for the deposit scheme to take up and would it be possible for him to supply you with the reference number , this should be enough , if he doesn't cough it up then just go through the scheme they will be able to help you .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure