MSE Credit Report - Entry Code

Hello,

Can someone tell me what the Entry Codes are? e.g. C6

I went to check to see if a CCJ had been removed - which is has and it has sent my score into fair from poor :)

The account I paid off is still showing default despite being paid - it also doesn't say it's closed - is this normal?

Another account I have said I owed full amount of money on the account which I expected (£2k) and then this month says the account balance is £0 and I definitely haven't paid it all off - any idea on this one? The other accounts I am paying off show the amount I am paying reducing each month.

Do dormant accounts lower your credit score?

TIA

Charlotte

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary

Another account I have said I owed full amount of money on the account which I expected (£2k) and then this month says the account balance is £0 and I definitely haven't paid it all off - any idea on this one? The other accounts I am paying off show the amount I am paying reducing each month.

They may have sold the debt on to a DCA, there is usually a lag between a debt being sold and you hearing from the new owners. And it can take a few months for them to take ownership of the debts as far as your credit report is concerned.
    Do dormant accounts lower your credit score?

Dormant accounts shouldn't be viewed as anything other than a neutral factor.
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ...Can someone tell me what the Entry Codes are? e.g. C6 ...
    It looks like a unique code assigned to each entry in your credit file. From looking through my credit file, I reckon, the first part of the code indicates the type of entry. e.g. 'C' is for current account, or Credit/Store card account.

So, my oldest current account (opened in 2005) has entry code: C1.

For searches, it seems to use letter 'P', and each search performed has the format 'P1', 'P2'...,. So, the last search performed by experian (on 15/05/2018 before I joined creditclub) has entry code P31. WHile the first search on record (date 21/06/2017) has entry code: P1.

Seems both lenders and applicants can only see searches going back up to 1 year (or thereabouts).
  • Ignore your score.

Lenders do not see or care about it.

Concentrate on the data in your files and make sure it's all correct
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills