Tricked into Photocopier contract spiral :(

124»

Comments

• Plant1980
    Plant1980 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Alderbank wrote: »
    What does this thread have to do with loans? It seems to me to be about unit pricing of photocopies!

This article however might be of interest:
    http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/8356709.__48k_photocopier_bill_may_close_Oxford_charity_opened_by_Princess_Diana/#comments-anchor
    It is about a small company which was successfully sued by BNP Barnibas for non payment of photocopier fees.
    The comments suggest that the company directors had not fully understood the contract they had signed. There are some similarities

Well i put it in here because its essentially a loan/lease that we have been scammed into, and how to get out of it, i think they edited the documents after they were signed but proving it would be an issue.
    Also maybe the mis-selling of a contract, verbal agreements being broken, doubling the cost etc, didnt know where else it fit in lol
  • freeisgood
    freeisgood Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Really reminds me of this scam! Contracts that people could not get out off as their signature forged....basically adding things such as figures and signatures to contacts after they had been signed. Same company bnp pairibas!

http://www.leasinglife.com/comment/britains-largest-telecoms-leasing-scam-back-in-court

http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/threads/shire-leasing-investec.177053/page-2
  • Plant1980
    Plant1980 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Well after speaking to Chas at faircontracts he seems to think there is a few issues that could help us get out of the contract, i will keep you all posted!
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Well you are being MASSIVELY ripped off in the first place anyway ..

Example, one of the copiers we lease for 200 per quarter (richo mcp3503)
    We pay 1p per colour impression and 0.32p per Mono.

Bear in mind that it takes 3 colours to make a full colour page so the absolute maximum we would pay is 3.32p

I would tear up the contract, rip out the machines and leave them on their doorstep and tell them you'll see them in court *

*This may not be the best course of action
  • ghostfinder
    ghostfinder Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sadly this is still a thing in my Industry

You could try to contact the manufacturer of the device to inform them what their dealer is doing - assuming they are a main dealer

Linkedin is a good place to bash them

If i have read correctly - your on a minimum billing of x amount of copiers a month - you will always be billed the minimum regardless of how low you usage is? of course if you go over you get billed more, probably at a higher rate.

Check your lease to see if your copy charge increases every year.

as someone mentioned - there is a voluntary governing body
  • It might be worth asking another copier company for an opinion on this too - many will provide advice happily, all that will happen is that they may contact you when your lease is over and provide another option - definitely not a bad thing as you will have more choices next time
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    There's been no posts to this thread for two years Ross.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It might be worth asking another copier company for an opinion on this too - many will provide advice happily, all that will happen is that they may contact you when your lease is over and provide another option - definitely not a bad thing as you will have more choices next time

Why drag close to a 2 year old post ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport