Help please

Options
I'm not sure if I'm asking this on the right board. Last year I switched my electric supplier from Extra Energy to Bulb. A few days later Extra Energy went into receivership and all customers were moved to Scottish Power. Scottish Power tried numerous times to take my supply but eventually go the message that I'd switched just before extra energy went out of business.
Today I have received a final 'bill' from Extra Energy and detailing that I was in fact £198 in credit. However no cheque was enclosed and nothing about how it will be repaid. Does anyone know if I will get this money repaid or have I lost it?

Comments

Options
    This is probably the wrong board sorry, however I've been in your position in the past and managed to contact the supplier and get them to issue the refurnd. The money is yours as far as I am concerned
    Don't worry it'll all work out in the end :beer:

Pushing through the mountain
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Moved to correct forum.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    023456789 wrote: »
    This is probably the wrong board sorry, however I've been in your position in the past and managed to contact the supplier and get them to issue the refurnd. The money is yours as far as I am concerned
    Usually takes up to six weeks to settle any credits or debts and most likely they will drag it out to the last minute
  • EnergyRookie
    Options
    MS67 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'm asking this on the right board. Last year I switched my electric supplier from Extra Energy to Bulb. A few days later Extra Energy went into receivership and all customers were moved to Scottish Power. Scottish Power tried numerous times to take my supply but eventually go the message that I'd switched just before extra energy went out of business.
    Today I have received a final 'bill' from Extra Energy and detailing that I was in fact £198 in credit. However no cheque was enclosed and nothing about how it will be repaid. Does anyone know if I will get this money repaid or have I lost it?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2018/11/scottish-power-to-take-on-extra-energy-s-100-000--customers-/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure