Panasonic TX-49FX750B Remote Control Sensor

Hi,

I am considering getting a Sonson Beam soundbar for my Panasonic 49@ TX-49FX750B TV and unfortunately the soundbar height comes up approx half way across the bottom bezel of the TV. Does anyone know where the sensor is located for the remote control? The Red/Green light is in the bottom left corner but unsure if the sensor is in that location or if that's just where they put the LED and the sensor is located elsewhere.

I am asking as I heave seen other people online saying the soundbar they bought blocked the remote control sensor (different TV/soundbar to me) but as it is possible wanted to check before i purchase it as would defeat the purpose.

Thanks

Kev

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have a 2012 Panasonic TV, and recently purchased a Panasonic SB.
    And yes the remote sensor was partly blocked. (could be used at an angle).

I have moved the SB to below the TV to avoid problems.
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Thanks, for me, the Tv stand I have, the soundbar will only sit in front of the TV, there is a shelf lower down but it wont fit as is too wide. Hence wanting to know exactly where the sensor was so can see if it will block it or not as I don't want to mount the TV on a wall bracket and don't particularly want to have to put something under the TV to make it higher hence checking in advance before purchase.

Kev
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It's along the bottom somewhere, and usually near the LED. There's a chance you'll find it in the user manual if you go and find it on the Panasonic website, but I wouldn't risk putting a soundbar in front of the TV - do you have a shelf below you can put it on?
  • Don't know the soundbar you're using but my Yamaha one has a repeater function where any signal sensed from the front gets repeated by a transmitter at the back of the soundbar.
  • kev2009
    Thanks both, looking at the Sonos Beam soundbar.

it comes up half way up the bottom bezel so doesn't cover the TV screen but takes up a bit of the bezel. The Sonos Beam isn't that long so it wont cover the LED in the left hand side, it will sit in the middle of the TV at the front as no other place for it.

Is a self below BUT it isn't wide enough for the Sonos beam to fit.
    I have a wooden Tv cabinet/stand and the self below it is smaller than the top.

My 49@ TV overhangs the sides of the TV cabinet just a bit, not by much so is ideal for the TV and the weight isn't an issue for it as TVs are pretty light these days.

I tried looking in the manual already but can't find anything on where the sensor is located :(

Real shame as was hoping this would be easy to find out :(

As the TV is last years model, i doubt i'd be able to go to a TV store and fin doubt, unless if i can find a Panasonic tv store (if there is one?).

My living room is approx 15ft x 12.5ft so i think the Sonos Beam should be ok in that room?

Kev
  • AndyPK
    so looking on my older panasonic tv, there are 2 small clear windows on the bottom. One will be for the remote sensor, and one for light sensor

If you get a tin of beans or something and put it infront of the sensor, and find the remote don't work, you will have confirmed it.

if it still works, try it elsewhere

Lucky my TV stand thing has a set of draws, and i've hung the SB onthe draw front
  • kev2009
    Thanks, will take a look, i don't recall seeing anything when i had a look when setting the TV up but could've overlooked it.

Kev
  • kev2009
    Hi,
    So been looking and not found much so i think it must be in the bottom left corner where the LED is. Does anyone recommend a soundbar for a Panasonic tx-49fx650B TV? Someone has mentioned the LGSL8YG and i see there is a version 10 out now but seems some issues with HDMI ARC syncing on audio with some TVs. Would it be ok to use LG soundbar with a Panasonic TV or should i stick to same make as the TV for compatibility etc?

The LG is lower in height so shouldn't block any of the bottom of the TV but unsure about it.

Thanks

Kev
  • AndyPK
    My Panasonic tv and sb aren’t in sync. Maybe because I’m using optical so maybe why. I turn the tv sound off so it’s not an issue.

Yeah I would go for a smaller height one.
  • kev2009
    Thanks Andy, I've heard that some soundbars when watching programs/films, you can see the people and the speech are not in sync. Some have said TV channels are fine but when using say a Apple TV and watching something, the speech isn't in sync which doesn't' sound idea :( So bit dubious whether to go for a Panasonic soundbar to keep it same make as TV and hope less issues OR if its more a luck of the draw but must be a way to tell if it will all work in sync before purchasing?

Kev
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport