Sport&Nutri DNA tests

Options
Hello Peeps,

Does anyone done one of those DNA tests which tell you about your diet plan and workout. I purchased Nutri and Sport DNA tests brand Chromozoom and I am waiting for the results.

I would like to hear from anyone who's already done it. Worth it?

Thanks

Comments

• JackyBoo
    Options
    Hi, will you tell me about the results later?
  • grahamgoo
    grahamgoo Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Complete gimmick in my opinion.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Waste of money , generic answers
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Matildekor
    Options
    I got a load of info about best diet, it says I am intolerant to milk (proteins in milk) which I will skip now and it might help with m eczema. As for sport it picked up my injuries, I have had problems with shoulders and biceps (it says I am genetically prone to ligament and muscle injuries), it recommends topical ingredients for me to limit them, also I don't have good predisposition to lactate absorption with means I have to train a bit harder than an average guy to achieve the same results. Loads of stuff. It will take me days to go through these reports. This test is extensive I feel. Look it up their web is Chromozoom.co.uk
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Please do NOT cut anything out of your diet as a result of the "answers" you have gained from this test. If you're concerned that you may have intolerances to certain foods then go and visit your GP, and ask for a referral to a registered dietician or nutritionist. Sure, cutting out dairy products *might* help with your eczema but it will also leave you potentially short on calcium, protein and other needed nutrients. Cutting out of entire food groups should be done under medical supervision.

Self diagnosis of "intolerances" is creating a whole new world of disordered eating out there - and lactose intolerance is one that there IS an accurate test for available through the NHS, so please for the sake of your health take that route and more importantly stop encouraging others to waste their money and time lining the pockets of those which produce these commercially available kits - they are for the most part utter quackery.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Spamtastic
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Tallaght wrote: »
    Spamtastic

I suspect you're right - but allowing that it gives the opportunity to call out these charlatan tests for what they are, it's probably as well left here!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It is based in Singapore.I thought the OP would have gone to a UK one if that was the case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure