PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 3

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Evening all

The builders have been in all day next door and extremely noisy, i gave up 1ish and decamped to my sister where the peace and quiet helped to soften my headache :cool: a walk into town late afternoon did me good as well. Unfortunately they are still working

Food wise I'm not sure has been that good

No breakfast but an early lunch of 2 slices of toast and marmalade. Dinner was crispy smoked tofu with coconut and peanut sauce, rice and quinoa with stir fried vegetables. Im trying not to think on how many calories in the low fat Coconut milk, peanut butter and oil but it was very tasty :D and I've LO sauce and rice so I can see me crisping up the second half pack of tofu Monday
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • honeythewitch
    honeythewitch Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Not a terrific start yesterday. I had..

Scrambled eggs and an apple

Bacon butty, Chick pea ice-cream in a wholewheat cornet

Jersey potatoes on their own with butter.

I did manage to do a couple of hours of gentle walking. :cool:
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Evening All,

A quick post as DH and I are off to the cinema to see Yesterday, shortly.

I've been busy all day. I had to go in to work for five hours today as it was so busy. Got there at nine and home for half two. I then was busy cooking ready for DS and family coming for Sunday dinner. As usual, DGD stayed to play for an hour afterwards before I walked her home so I've not had any sitting down time yet.

Lunch: Piece of Brie and a few slices of Pepperoni
    Dinner: Pork chop and peas.
    Treat: I will have a Solero at the cinema. I have given up chocolate till DD's wedding so can't have my usual Magnum

I'm up to 13,000 steps so by the time we've walked up to the cinema and home again I should just have reached my target.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Nothing for me this week, but I haven't gained, so that's a good start :D
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Brambling
    Chick pea ice-cream in a wholewheat cornet

Chickpea ice cream !! Not something I've ever heard of :)

Rose can you let me know what you think of the film, I was trying to persuade my sister to come and watch it with me

MovingForward I fear I will also STS, I weigh in on Wednesday so maybe time to claw back :cool: I'm not necessary being very bad but I'm just not being that good either. Some really tasty meals but using things like coconut milk and peanut butter

I had lunch with my sister, we drove out to a cafe which does a fantastic cheese on toast using local cheddar, we shared a portion so a slice each and then had cake.

Dinner was a SW recipe for chicken laksa, with soda noodles, pak choi and baby sweetcorn. Low fat coconut milk again, although only 100ml for two portions. But it was very tasty ;). LOs for tomorrow lunch and dinner will be LOs from Saturday, the joys of cooking for one. I've also made a rhubarb and strawberry crumble slice which I will have to squeeze into the freezer or offload some to my sister or I'll be gaining this week, I had the urge to bake :cool: unfortunately there's tea loaf in the freezer from my last urge :o
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Brambling.

We both really enjoyed the film. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying it too. Nice and gentle, with a love story and also humour.
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • Brambling
    Rose_Wood wrote: »
    Brambling.

We both really enjoyed the film. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying it too. Nice and gentle, with a love story and also humour.

Thanks RoseWood I'll check our cinema for times :)
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning,

Hope you all had a great weekend.
    We headed out to Parkrun first thing saturday, had a good run despite i tbeing warm, still WAY off my best though!

We spent the rest of the weekend working on the garden again. It's getting there but still more to do!!

Finally managed to get my backside into gear last week and back on track after a month off the wagon, so I'm really pleased to report 5lb loss :j
    I know I can't maintain that sort of loss but it's a good start and hopefully I can slowly ebb away the lbs over the coming weeks.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I hadn't weighed myself last week and ate appallingly all weekend so I braved the scales this morning (ouch...) and will treat today as day 1 of the challenge.

Well done on the losses and best of luck for the week ahead.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,760 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good afternoon all,

After the emotional month that was June..... I have eaten mostly healthily this week and I have a 1.5 lbs loss to record today. I'm not sure what next weigh day will bring as we're off to London for a flying visit this week. We go on Wednesday and come back Thursday but we also have a celebration of life for my friend Thursday evening. I won't be drinking because it's far enough away to have to take the car but there will be food and I will be tired and emotional. Hoping for a STS at the very least for next week.

Take care all of you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport