IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Saba Parking, tried to appeal but site says 'This notice has been cancelled.'

Bubb_Rubb
Bubb_Rubb Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 21 August 2019 at 1:52PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all,

The driver received a parking fine today, but the driver noticed that the parking ticket was paid via the Saba app exactly 20 minutes before the the driver's car was seen, and 21 minutes before the fine was issued. So it says to go to appeals.sabaparking.co.uk. The driver input the penalty notice number and the vehicle registration number and it just says in red at the top 'This notice has been cancelled.'

The driver is guessing that means they've realised the parking *ticket* (not fine - my bad) was paid in time and they've just cancelled the fine? The driver did try to ring them at about 18:50 but their lines close at 19:00, just to double check that it was indeed cancelled.

Is it best for the driver not to contact them and for the driver to just take a screenshot of the appeals site that says that the driver's fine was cancelled, so if they come back later the driver can show them that and just say 'The appeals site said it was cancelled'?

Thanks!

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Never ring a PPC

Yes keep a screenshot

Attempt to appeal after a few days (use the appeal in the Newbies FAQ thread if it turns out the message has changed!)

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

Edit your post to remove details of who was driving
  • Bubb_Rubb
    Bubb_Rubb Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 20 August 2019 at 9:31PM
    Quentin wrote: »
    Never ring a PPC

Yes keep a screenshot

Attempt to appeal after a few days (use the appeal in the Newbies FAQ thread if it turns out the message has changed!)

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

Edit your post to remove details of who was driving

Okay the driver shall try again in a few days. I've edited the post; is that better?

Thank you!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Use the third party when telling the story - as in the "driver did this" and the "keeper did that"
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle? If so, your posts here should reflect that. The driver may need a mention at some point, but so far I think you meant 'Keeper' throughout. Edits needed ASAP.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The driver does absolutely NOTHING
    The Keeper is the only one who appeals, AS KEEPER, if it is needed.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    I do not see that it matters who was driving if the parking was paid for correctly. Perhaps someone could explain.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,014 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Am I missing something here, if the parking fee (not fine as stated in the OP first post) was paid, and the site says it was cancelled and a screen shot is kept why all the fuss?

For once the idiots seem to have made a mistake they have admitted to (almost) and cancelled their crummy charge, move on.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    I agree entirely FJ, there are posters on here who just do not see the big picture, (or think outside the box).
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure