Ee early termination

superM
superM Posts: 341
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hello,

I recieved a letter from EE saying due to changes in a call cost I can terminate my contract early without any termination fee.

I rang Ee today they couldn't find the letter on there system so I emailed it over. She contacted me confirming I can end my contract without any termination charges. She provided me with PAC code.

She has not mentioned to me if I need to return the handset which was purchased from 3rd party retailer.

Would they ask for the handset back or try to charge later.

Just wanted the confirm the procedure. Don't want extra costs later.

Thanks

Comments

• Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You'd be better off asking EE instead of some random punters on the internet:
    https://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch
  • superM
    superM Posts: 341
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm I first person asking this question. Someone should have an answer here.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    superM wrote: »
    Hello,

I recieved a letter from EE saying due to changes in a call cost I can terminate my contract early without any termination fee.

I rang Ee today they couldn't find the letter on there system so I emailed it over. She contacted me confirming I can end my contract without any termination charges. She provided me with PAC code.

She has not mentioned to me if I need to return the handset which was purchased from 3rd party retailer.

Thanks

What do the terms and conditions you agreed to say?

If it’s a third party retailer there might well be a clause covering return of hardware with early termination.
    ====
  • tonygold
    tonygold Posts: 1,125
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    superM wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks

my friend got the same message. his phone had come direct from EE only 7 months before and they allowed him to terminate his £40pm contract and switch to a £15 sim only on the existing handset.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure