Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you all! Fantastic support on here, and I'm grateful to every one of you :kisses3:

Norway should be booked later on this morning - and I've been out at the front of the house this morning, sawing down two fence panels that had keeled over in Storm Eleanor :eek: I have some way to go to catch up on the maintenance of my property. Nor did I look at the accounts - I caught up on James Bond instead :p but must do better. Flying fence panels are not a thing I want in my life ...

Meanwhile, my phone is pootling away happily watching SB.

Laterz! :kisses3:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I loved your old diary but I'm a bit rubbish at posting (2018 goal is to get better!). Happy new diary. Subscribed xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Karmacat
    Hello pinkypig, thank you! I'm off to check out where your base is on here :)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Happy new diary, Kc! Norway sounds fab - I have friends who went there a couple of years ago and they loved it. :)
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Hi greent, thank you! We get such good reports of Norway, I'm sure it will be brilliant.

And it's booked! Took quite a few hours, there are so many options - type of cabin, which is minor compared to all the "what excursions shall we do". Three of the ports of call are at the very northern tip of Norway :) a teensy bit further north than Murmansk. The average high is today's temperature, in June. I have warm clothing, but not much waterproof clothing ... no new swimsuits needed, but definitely rainwear :)

Now to eat something ...
  • Whoop! Happy New Shiny Lovely Fresh Start!
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    You've booked, how exciting !! :T

In June, you could have almost any sort of weather, so layers are the way to go. If you have any stops in the south of Norway it could be surprisingly warm.

Is it this June? I hope so, as I cant wait to hear what you think of cruising.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Happy New Diary Karma.

Bob x
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Happy new year and new diary KC. :) And trip to Norway, it sounds lovely.

We did Hadrian's Wall a couple of years ago, it was really good!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hurrah :) It's booked :) How exciting :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback