Santander 123 Lite offers 5% cashback on mobile payments

Comments

• surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Having re-read the Santander Lite conditions, there is a clause in there allowing them to change the conditions! But could transferring money to a Monzo Card be classed as a purchase or service?
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • surreysaver
    I'm looking at this Monzo thing. Is it literally as easy as getting a Monzo Card, putting £100 (for example) on it per day via Android Pay for the next 70 days, and earning £350 cashback? Is it that simple? Obviously I'll end up with £7k on my Monzo Card, but I could just spend that over the next year or wait for them to do current accounts.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Post office : online saver. Just a thought
  • Chomeur
    Chomeur Posts: 2,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    [QUOTE=surreysaver;72851119But_could_transferring_money_to_a_Monzo_Card_be_classed_as_a_purchase_or_service?[/QUOTE]

The precise terms are "Eligible purchases are purchases of goods and services". You could wash £10,000 a day through your Monzo and Santander accounts with Android Pay and hope that Santander aren't going to notice that none of this was actually for goods or services and that they will pay you £35000 for all your trouble at the end, but it's not going to happen is it?
  • surreysaver
    Is funding my Monzo Card not a 'service', then?
  • surreysaver
    ceredigion wrote: »
    Post office : online saver. Just a thought

I've been waiting nearly a month for my first Direct Debit into my PO Online Saver. By the time it was all sorted out it would be 30th September.
  • Chomeur
    Is funding my Monzo Card not a 'service', then?

Monzo is providing a service but you're not purchasing any service from them are you?
  • surreysaver
    Chomeur wrote: »
    Monzo is providing a service but you're not purchasing any service from them are you?

Mmmmm. I see what you mean. Do you think Santander will see what you mean? I wonder if they'll give a running total of cashback earnt, then it would be possible to do a trial purchase of a service
  • Chomeur
    Mmmmm. I see what you mean. Do you think Santander will see what you mean? I wonder if they'll give a running total of cashback earnt, then it would be possible to do a trial purchase of a service

Yes. Almost certainly not.

Separately I would like to program Android Pay to cycle through a number of my credit cards at the start of each month to ensure that each is used once a month so that a payment on the direct debit is taken so I meet the requirements of each of my bank accounts to get interest/incentive payment whatever. But I expect the capability for doing that is a long way off yet...
  • surreysaver
    I'm still looking at this Monzo thing. How do I load money onto it from Android Pay? Its asking me to put £100 from a debit card which I don't mind doing to get the thing started and in the post, but once I get it how do I stick money on it from my Android Pay app?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure