Anybody heard of CWL

Options
I've had a couple of phone calls from a company called CWL offering a system for buying and selling shares. They make wild promises about making 10% per month. I've searched everywhere on line but cannot find anyone with a bad word to say about them but then again there is very little out there apart from some press releases and a tiny number of forum treads.
Has anyone heard of them, good or bad?

Sorry for making this my first post in ten years membership, been very busy. :)

Comments

• fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You'll always get pretty much the same answer for all these "systems": If it really does return 10% a month, why do they need to sell it to anyone, rather than just use it themselves to generate limitless cash?

Just the fact that they ~need~ to sell it tells you that it cannot possibly do what they claim it can do.
  • EdGasket
    EdGasket Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Plus if it did do what it claims; it would sell itself and not need cold calling to do the job.
    Also beware of reviews; a lot are just false propaganda these days; companies have wised-up to the power of reviews and write their own favourable reviews and make them look independent.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Also, do you think if such a system was possible that it would be used by fund managers so they could generate 120% per year? It makes you wonder why they don't, perhaps it's because it doesn't work?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    daddy_bro wrote: »
    I've had a couple of phone calls from a company called CWL offering a system for buying and selling shares. They make wild promises about making 10% per month. I've searched everywhere on line but cannot find anyone with a bad word to say about them but then again there is very little out there apart from some press releases and a tiny number of forum treads.
    Has anyone heard of them, good or bad?

Sorry for making this my first post in ten years membership, been very busy. :)

Sorry for this post being so harsh, but you need a reality check.

Is it not stark staring obvious that if anyone had a way of making 10% a month they'd just do it themselves rather than give the secret away? If they took the money they invested in making phone calls to the terminally gullible, inside a few years they'd have tens of millions.

Bottom line, if you invest in anything like this*, you are a fool, and you need to ask yourself a very harsh question, why are you even contemplating this when its so obviously a scam? Greed? Idiocy?

* there are variations on this with storage pods, hotel rooms, student accommodation, forests etc etc and even those scams only promise ten percent a year, not a MONTH !!
  • daddy_bro
    Options
    Guys, you all said exactly what I was thinking anyway, especially the thought that if they could make 10% per month they'd all be millionaires and wouldn't need to bother calling the likes of me.
    Still we can all dream, wouldn't it be great to find that bag of magic beans?
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    daddy_bro wrote: »
    Guys, you all said exactly what I was thinking anyway, especially the thought that if they could make 10% per month they'd all be millionaires and wouldn't need to bother calling the likes of me.
    Still we can all dream, wouldn't it be great to find that bag of magic beans?

You've got more chance in sainsburys!
  • bigfreddiel
    bigfreddiel Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    You've got more chance in sainsburys!

Not in my Sainsbury!
  • runwaychris
    Options
    Good morning folks,
    I too have received calls and paperwork. Last night I was taken through an online demonstration. The cost for the programme is almost 10k, with deferred options and guarantees (?) available. The demo and question/answer chat lasted 90 minutes.
    One question I asked is what you guys mention. Why take the time to sell this to me when you can make so much money trading yourself? The answer I was given was twofold. The trader talking to me would receive a £900 personal bonus after the sale. Secondly the company hoped that some customers would "upgrade" from this quick trade system to the daily system - costing 25k.
    The product has gathered data over ten years of 1500 LSE listed stocks and uses this to try and predict rises and falls over a period of less than 30 days. The "magic" happens when you buy at the bottom of an up slope and sell at the top of a down slope.
    I too have searched forums for customers already using the system but have found very little.
    What else should I be doing to complete due diligence of this product?
    I am expecting a phone call from them on Monday.....Cheers
  • What else should I be doing to complete due diligence of this product?

Getting your head felt.
  • runwaychris
    Options
    Cheers Jack
    Appreciate you comment but can I ask you to elaborate please? Where exactly is the catch? They have guaranteed all money for product back in 12 months on receipt of trading records that do not profit more than the cost of it?? Why am i not reading posts from folk who have been stung or failed miserably? Confused......I am not reading positive reviews either though
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure