Low Carb Diets Support Thread

Comments

• Back to work today and I missed breakfast as a meeting had been scheduled for when I arrived and all I managed was a coffee until lunchtime. For lunch I had sausage salad and jelly. For tea I had hot chicken thighs off the hot deli counter with kale.

Snacks have been Brazil nuts and baby bell.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I did quite well yesterday until,, left over beef with a salad, dish of yoghurt and blueberries, couldn`t settle to sleep, had a sudden yearning for boiled eggs, that usually means I am in ketosis, so got up at midnight, put some eggs in hot water and vinegar left overnight as an experiment to see how hard they get, I like mine with the yolk still soft, took a chunk of black pudding and a brandy back to bed, read for a whiile while I consumed those, settled to sleep after that, up at 6-30 am this morning.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Pam, all your food choices sound good, even if they were are bizarre times of the day (or night!).

I've had my bacon and eggs for breakfast and I've had cheese (double Gloucester with spring onion yum) pepperoni and olives for a light lunch. Tonight I'm going to try a beef stroganoff recipe, with veg.

I've run out of Brazil nuts to snack on. I need to do a bit of a meal plan as I do my food shopping tomorrow.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 April 2016 at 12:15PM
    Some great food ideas there, really helpful.

Today I have received a copy of the The Vegetarian Low Carb Diet Book by Rose Elliot I ordered from Amazon so hopefully will get some new ideas.

No further weight loss but I have lost a couple of inches from my waist and my sister commented that I was looking trimmer......:D
  • pamsdish
    Had a really good day yesterday, until, I am visiting my first husband on Saturday in Wolverhampton, my daughter is coming up from Brighton with her "wife" and "their baby",
    Made him some cakes, then I had to "quality control" 2 or maybe 3, blown it again. !!!
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    "Quality control" is one cake not 3.:rotfl:

Anyway good luck this weekend, hope you gave a nice time. Relax a little and then get back on the wagon afterwards.

Not sure what the day will bring yet, DS2 is off today and we need to do some running about. So I think I'll do us a hearty Late breakfast and then salmon for dinner.

I did a big shop on Thursday and have lots of nice fruit and veg in, and nuts for snacks. It's really helping that DS has now joined me in healthy eating, the only naughties n the cupboards are a couple packets of biscuits which I'm not keen on so I'm not tempted.
  • LL, losing inches is good even if there is no weight loss. That means that fat is being lost and replaced my muscle. You don't need to exercise to gain muscle, with this way of eating it comes naturally.

Pam, don't worry about the cakes, just enjoy the time you spent as a family. You can always get back to it tomorrow.

Today I had
    B bacon and eggs
    L salad with prawns, cheese and ham
    T cod loin and kale all done in my steamer - it was lovely with a bit of low carb cheese sauce.

My hubby, who has had to eat like this, has lost 7.5 lb in a week - he is definitely a believer now and didn't mind that there were no beers in my shopping.
  • Yesterday I had a lovely rib eye steak with pizziola sauce, the steak just melted in the mouth! Much better than the chewy steak I got from the supermarket last week.

Today I didn't have breakfast, roast chicken for lunch and salad for tea.

We have sort of fallen into a bit of a routine with our teas:
    Monday I work late and get something there
    Tuesday hot chicken from the deli counter
    Wednesday sausages
    Thursday new recipe
    Friday fish
    Saturday steak
    Sunday roast chicken

I like it as it helps me prepare and I know what I need each day.
  • mlj69
    mlj69 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello
    I,d like to start the low carb diet. I,ve been reading all the posts. Thank you for all the ideas and recipes.
    I,ve got a couple of qustions, that i,m hoping someone will be able to answer for me.
    1) I,m going to aim for 40 g of carbs aday. Does this sound ok?
    2) Can I have as much ,( obviousy within resaon) of cheese, cream, butter ect
    3) Lidl sell high protain rolls which have only 10 grams of carbs in them, (and there really nice toasted with butter!) is it ok for me to have one a day?

Anyhelp wound be very much appreciated. Thank you
  • pamsdish
    I aim for a max of 50 carbs per day, somedays it comes in lower some higher but average out to 50,
    I also aim for 1200/1400 cals, you do noeed to keep an eye on the amount you are eating, portion control, where I go wrong.
    I eat the lidl roll they are 10 gram per 100g roll, they weigh about 120g, I count them as 12 for a full roll. I don`t eat them everyday, but will have a half toasted with 2 poached eggs on, slice them through, and freeze they freeze really well.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure