Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• bubbs wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooo dont unless you are in Scotland
    Ahhh.....thanks for that. I shall participate in the mullers again I think. There is always some friend/family that loves a gift. :)
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    If I could be harrised, I would go get 3 of the l'oreal mens gift sets, just for the deodorant for myself. Might go tomorrow if I get a chance. Am I right in thinking they would give about a 15 APG, or would it be ten? TIA
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • josie_ann57
    josie_ann57 Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Evening elite, I was accepted onto the Argos testers panel but have never received an email😥
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    davemorton wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Reids of Caithness biscuits in Adsa please? It says on their website that they are stocked in Adsa, but when I look on the Adsa website and MSM, they cant be found, so might just be North of the land. TIA

My first thought was I suspect they would come up on a.com and msm if you were in Scotland (or if your location was identified to the websites as being Scotland whether or not it actually was).

However - don't get excited as it comes back "unavailable" (for me anyway) - I have found some on msm. What do you (or others) see here?

https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Biscuits/Reids_of_Caithness_Oat_Biscuits_150g.html

https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Biscuits/Reids_of_Caithness_Oat_And_Honey_Biscuits_250g.html

(Second link is not posting correctly and has an error I can't resolve - you'll need to delete the space in "htm l" at the end of the link URL - when I go to edit this post, the space is not there for me to delete, so I can't delete it!)

They are showing "Unavailable" for me and have been "Unavailable" in every store on msm for so long, at least in my region, that, if they are like that for you, you won't find them if you search for them on msm, unless perhaps your search is really specific, but you can find them from outside of the site by using Google and putting the product name and mysupermarket into the search box. I use this trick for searching for products at M that have (or may have, due to me seeing only other items in the same range) gone onto RTC in the store but are "no longer" on msm (except they are) as they have dropped off m.com. They do it seems remain there in the background, but searches on the site no longer bring them up - unless sometimes you are really specific and there is no other item that falls within the parameters of your search on msm. Need to be checking outside of the site to find what's on it and using caches:rotfl:.

No answer to your query unfortunately - you wanted to buy them in A but they are, as you think, probably only available in certain regions - I may be seeing them at all, but as "Unavailable" because, to be there at all, they would have to have been online at some point but are no longer available in my region or they could be appearing as "Unavailable" because they went onto, or have gone onto, cheap RTC in the stores and are no longer available on a.com.
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Still not caught up - 45 mins on hold to Debenhams to process a refund, caustic email sent!!
    A's B&H shop says not 8 items .. is that just me? If it is they are going back tomorrow!! (Then I'll buy them again with extras!). I bought 2 types of B&H 5 different choc bars, parsnips and popcorn.
    And only got a prize draw ticket for my droid payment.:eek:
  • davemorton wrote: »
    Offer for Bubbs and Co. from hukd

Free hot drink & mince pie (for senior citizens) - Morrisons (between 2:30pm and 5pm)

:beer:

Thanks for posting this information. Mother and father participated in relieving Morribobs of two brews and mince pies this afternoon.:T
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    davemorton wrote: »
    If I could be harrised, I would go get 3 of the l'oreal mens gift sets, just for the deodorant for myself. Might go tomorrow if I get a chance. Am I right in thinking they would give about a 15 APG, or would it be ten? TIA

Read man!!! they are only working in Scotland!
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    My first thought was I suspect they would come up on a.com and msm if you were in Scotland (or if your location was identified to the websites as being Scotland whether or not it actually was).

However - don't get excited as it comes back "unavailable" (for me anyway) - I have found some on msm. What do you (or others) see here?

https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Biscuits/Reids_of_Caithness_Oat_Biscuits_150g.html

https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Biscuits/Reids_of_Caithness_Oat_And_Honey_Biscuits_250g.html

(Second link is not posting correctly and has an error I can't resolve - you'll need to delete the space in "htm l" at the end of the link URL - when I go to edit this post, the space is not there for me to delete, so I can't delete it!)

They are showing "Unavailable" for me and have been "Unavailable" in every store on msm for so long, at least in my region, that, if they are like that for you, you won't find them if you search for them on msm, unless perhaps your search is really specific, but you can find them from outside of the site by using Google and putting the product name and mysupermarket into the search box. I use this trick for searching for products at M that have (or may have, due to me seeing only other items in the same range) gone onto RTC in the store but are "no longer" on msm (except they are) as they have dropped off m.com. They do it seems remain there in the background, but searches on the site no longer bring them up - unless sometimes you are really specific and there is no other item that falls within the parameters of your search on msm. Need to be checking outside of the site to find what's on it and using caches:rotfl:.

No answer to your query unfortunately - you wanted to buy them in A but they are, as you think, probably only available in certain regions - I may be seeing them at all, but as "Unavailable" because, to be there at all, they would have to have been online at some point but are no longer available in my region or they could be appearing as "Unavailable" because they went onto, or have gone onto, cheap RTC in the stores and are no longer available on a.com.

Yip, I get a 'Unavailable in ASDA' too. Thanks for trying Savvy.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • bubbs
    pippo wrote: »
    Still not caught up - 45 mins on hold to Debenhams to process a refund, caustic email sent!!
    A's B&H shop says not 8 items .. is that just me? If it is they are going back tomorrow!! (Then I'll buy them again with extras!). I bought 2 types of B&H 5 different choc bars, parsnips and popcorn.
    And only got a prize draw ticket for my droid payment.:eek:

Did you get trigger choc?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    From darkside

Taylor’s Select reserve Port 75cl - £5.60 instore @ Co-Op
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure