PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 29th November 2017

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 November 2017 at 12:14PM
    Options
    Morning all,

Another one here who enjoys Tru's festive posts. :T

Everything is frozen solid here. Lowering the tone of the thread ever so slightly, I should've waited to de poop outside the house till today its so much easier when its frozen.:D. Not moaning (much) as there are those who are less fortunate than me. Im thinking of LaineyT mucking out Lulus stable.

So not only have I been invited to a knees up with the girls on the 6th ive been invited to a wake too. Funeral is on the 12th of my friend and neighbours Dad. No date has been set but im expecting it around the 12th. Im not actually sure I like the idea of wakes but thats me. Tom...cantankerous old sod and leg puller in chief RIP.

Im sure ive got something going on on the 8th but I cant remember.

Didnt watch im a celebrity last night. I was in shock at the departure of Holbys hunk. It threw me off somewhat. Must catch up today.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs))))))))) if you need one.

Cranky, well done for standing up to the powers that be, I think Drs sometimes think they are God!!! Sorry they are not. What they were proposing to do was horrendous and inhumane.

OK rant over.

Meeting DD2 this morning to buy her expensive Christmas present, it will be birthday and Christmas presents for the next 10 years, but she does so much for us, she deserves it and I guess there will be a little something in her stocking from us.

Its cold and clear, not sure if there has been a frost, will find out when we go out.

I need to do a freezer audit and plan our menu for next month, it will be an expensive month meat wise as we have almost eaten all the meat I had in stock. Shopping will be tomorrow.

I bought trousers, a skirt and 2 jumpers yesterday, the knickers I bought are not really big enough, so will take them back and exchange them for a larger size. I like to feel I have knickers on, not have them slung under my belly!

No idea whats for supper, will find something in the freezer or we will have two of the whiltshire foods dinners.
  • System
    Options
    How can I forget my Grandsons birthday...its on the 8th.

I will have another Grandaughter to add to the list soon.:)
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread nmlc, hugs to all those in need.

Cranky when my MIL was ill I was the one that had to deal with PALS, complain about her being left in wet bedding and having her pain relief restricted, everyone else just stood around wringing their hands and arguing between themselves.

It's 2 degrees here, the boats are all icy but I have the multifuel stove on so it's ok on the boat. I might take it easy today as I was very achy yesterday, I stripped the bed and re-made it, a mammoth task on the boat as I have to keep climbing over it to get from one side to the other and then fold the mattress in half once I've done! I also swept and mopped the floor, did some sewing and babysat three of the DGD's.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    redruby

I can't believe nobody said "Thank You" , talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth!!

Cranky

Fingers crossed that your leg heals up soon.

Looks as if it is cold outside so am going to look out a thicker coat with a hood for when I volunteer at the library this afternoon. Waiting a while for the house to warm up before having a shower and washing my hair. Washing machine is on and have a lot of clean laundry to put away.

TA

DDs always tease me about putting so much sticky tape on presents that they can't open them so this year I bought a set of gift bags which have ribbons already attached and makes wrapping so much easier. Apart from things still to be delivered and stocking gifts everything has been wrapped.

In case it helps anyone I found perfume I wanted for a dd was ten per cent off in Boots but fifteen per cent off in Debenhams till the day after tomorrow.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • System
    Options
    When Mom was on end of life care they withdrew all medication which included pain relief which I said was on par with the Liverpool pathway.

They soon reinstated it.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning all :wave:

Oh yes I had forgotten about Trus advent thats something to look forward to :T

Blummin cold here gorgeous blue sky looking out the window it could be in the 80's ...I wish :)

Yesterday mum was as grumpy as ever if not more and we had tears and lots of "poor me" I struggle with this a lot as I think you all know ..Im tempted to stop visiting sometimes as I will not keep being her punch bag :( She has refused all the way along to go to the doctors (its a clear case of depression) but I think I managed to get her to call for an appointment on the condition I go with her. Hoping he might be able to suggest other services for bereavement that she could benefit from over time. We live in different towns so I dont know their services

food yesterday was a jacket with cheese and beans and a bacon butty....needed comfort food

Today I could do with making a big wholesome veg soup with my fridge bottom stuff. I have realised that apart from bananas (ironically) mum is eating no proper fruit or veg unless I feed her So I will turn up next week with an armful of proper food ready meals for her freezer. Took her a leek and potato soup yesterday so hope she eats that today. I feel like I am caring for a obnoxious toddler at the moment :D

lots to do work wise today but will squeezin some house stuff and get that soup in the slow cooker.

Have a great day all
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    :wave:
    Am currently "working from home" with a lovely warm cat on my lap, so thought I would post rather than just read & run.
    Dumpling, Gers, Cranky, Lainey & Holly Harvey sorry to read of your troubles & trips - hope a warming hug from Blackpool will help you feel better.
    TA glad to read you got the meds sorted!
    LW hope Mr LW gets sorted soon
    Tru I'm another keenly waiting - what are we starting with?

There are all sorts of things going on here in chilly Blackpool:
    DH has bought an new-to-him guitar from a friend so is bouncing around with his wireless headphones on playing all sorts of stuff.
    Christmas is all planned and bought with just the makes to do now, and the cards to write.
    One of our neighbours had to suddenly pull into the parking spaces the other night because of a speeding car, and has unfortunately wiped his car along my car's front wheel arch, so the local body-shop are pricing it up for the repair.
    I've been doing bits of contract work and am on my last few days at our nearest uni as PA to the Heads of Dentistry & Medicine which has been great fun.
    And the best bit - I've managed to land myself a permanent part-time job, job-share Administrator for a local training provider, starting in early January :D

Right, the cat has jumped off so it's time for a cuppa :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 November 2017 at 3:11PM
    Options
    Morning all
    It's a cold but sunny morning here.
    I have filled the DW and put it on and made a big pot of bolognese sauce, which is now in the slow cooker. As dad is coming to tea we will have that with spaghetti, topped with grated cheese and chunky fresh bread. We might even have a stodgy pudding and custard for dessert, if we have room in our tummies :D.
    I have to clean down the kitchen tops in a mo as I seem to have dropsie this morning, I also have to clean the top of the cooker as I threw er dropped sauce all over it :eek:. I'm going to take things easy though as my back is still not right and I have taken some painkillers, so I'm on here until they kick in.
    I was happy to hear that TPTB have listened to Cranky and TA and that the "fally down" people are on the mend, even if it is very slowly.
    Tomorrow morning we have been invited to DGS assembly and then to look at his work. The class have been doing the life and works of Roald Dahl, so it will be based on that. Apparently I have to take my purse as there will be another raffle, don't suppose I will win anything for the foreseeable future, as I won the fruit basket last time :rotfl:.
    Nelski many, many hugs and virtual support.
    Floss congrats on the job :j
    Hope everyone has a good Wednesday. Take care all.
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Great news Floss, congratulations
    Chin up, Titus out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business