Small loan but want it gone!

Comments

• Finally home from a 2 hour meeting with the management agents!
    Only owner occupier there and they're all going on about the communal areas needing work - agree they do but they want it all done up to some high spec which the building isn't which will cost me tonnes.
    The management agent didn't seem so bad but a few of the leaseholders don't seem to understand that some of us don't have the money to do it to that spec. Really infuriating!!!!!!!!!
    Though didn't get a chance to go to the shops so another NSD for me.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    The bike festival sounds fun.

Less so the management fee situation...
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • They are a huge laugh and full of friendly bikers! The guys and girls who go are so good to people. I remember one year waiting at a lay by for a mate on route and I had a few of the bikers on route pull over to check if I was OK and another time hit the shop to get some booze with a mate and we were thinking we'll never get this on the bikes.... There came along someone doing the music there and brought it up in his van for us for a beer!

Well, unfortunately not a lot I can do. It's around £1500 a year here and one of the owners is an interior designer... Don't think she understands what struggling or not having money readily accessible is like!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    I used to be a bit into the bike scene in days gone by. One big one up near Stratford was fun. Remember seeing a bike with a nitrous kit that was a bit mad. Also they had the proper old style Wall of Death. Great people as you say great buzz.

Either that or she doesn't care....
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Ah, bulldog bash. I went when it got really big and wasn't much of a fan but they have scaled it back quite a bit.
    Was nice to have a drag strip at a rally though!

Too true. She loves the sound of her own voice and tried to get right to manage on a block with flats and businesses which isn't possible though apparently she deals with management agencies and leasehold law a lot...
  • Well today really wasn't cheap!
    Didn't get a chance to make lunch as I was out of bread and got in too late yesterday to make a loaf. Then ran out of tissues at work and had a bad day so bought chocolate and needed a few things....

Lunch £2.75
    Chocolate £3
    Crisps (multipack) £1
    Bread £1
    Tissues £0.40
    Bin bags £1
    Cat litter liners £1.25....

£10.40 but hey could have been worse and I now have 9 wispas and some chocolate buttons but some of that will probably disappear very soon.....

Still on track to overpay another £90 from this month's money and get paid on Tuesday
    :)
  • Woke up this morning and did my usual check balances... Lent a close mate £19 recently and without even reminding him he's transferred it into my account! :j
    Moved it straight to my over payment account and will probably send all that over today.
    That will mean £287 in overpayments in February :j
    Ok not every month will be that good but I'm still very pleased!
    Submitting my application for a temporary promotion hopefully today and then I should find out in the latter half of next week! Fingers crossed!!!
  • You seem to be doing great with sending money into a seperate account for overpayments... might need to give that a go myself!
  • Dotty - I do it this way with some money as it means I have access to it if I've forgotten something important or something comes up but by not being in my current account I 'forget' about the money.... well I remember but I don't think of it when I'm deciding if I really 'need' that new top or throw etc.
    If something comes up, I can transfer it back and use it but if it doesn't, the debt comes down. :D
  • I get paid on Tuesday and I'm going to try to stick to the below spends for March

£150 extra to loan
    £110 food/cat stuff
    £80 nights out
    £25 DIY stuff needed

I've got a few days off next month as my cats are being neutered so I'm going to hopefully have some time free to do some more decorating in my flat.
    I've got some broken tiling in my flat due to a leak but I fixed it myself (yay for no plumber charges) but still haven't fixed the tiling and I'm out of grout and adhesive and I do need to do a lot of sanding and painting.
    Car is also booked in for the MOT (money already in my ' yearly bills' account) so just hoping it passes or is cheap to fix.

That budget still leaves me with £100 + unaccounted for but any extra can go to the loan. This isn't accounting for petrol but I don't use a lot and this way I *could* treat myself to a take out or cover unexpected things without panicking I'm going over budgets etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure