MSE News: TSB cancels direct debits of customers who've switched away - and claims they've DIED

TSB has apologised after it apparently cancelled former customers' direct debits and mistakenly told the firms they were paying that they had died, MoneySavingExpert can reveal...
Read the full story:
'TSB cancels direct debits of customers who've switched away - and claims they've DIED'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    TSB are total rubbish !! I am still refusing to attempt to login to online banking until they sort out the garbage and confirm everything is fixed and working.

I feed really sorry for the staff taking phone calls from customers. It must be an awful situation for them hearing people complaining.

The good thing is that they have still to respond with a final response to my complaints. If the offer is not sufficient, I will be going to the FOS.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I think this is a new low for them. Maybe the end?
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    I honestly don't know how TSB will ever recover from their never-ending disasters.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • HornetSaver
    HornetSaver Posts: 3,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    TSB are in such a mess that I'm starting to take the view that 5% interest isn't enough to retain my custom. But switching at the current time would actually be a bigger risk.
  • stevenhp1987
    stevenhp1987 Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a Northern Rock style run at TSB yet...
  • Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    For 13 months after you've switched, your new provider will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account, or taken from your old account, to be automatically redirected to your new account. It will also contact the sender and give it your new account details.

Error in the article - it's 36 months.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    20aday wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how TSB will ever recover from their never-ending disasters.
    This particular problem is affecting ex-customers who've switched away already.

If they are customers who have already gone it isn't going to affect TSB much (you can't switch your account away twice) and for people thinking of switching away it might serve as a warning that staying put for the time being is the best approach.

So not really a big deal - except for the people who've been sent letters telling them they are dead.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    wizzywig27 wrote: »

It's a matter of someone accidentally using reason code 2 instead of 3.

"The end" seems a bit over the top don't you think?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 May 2018 at 6:36PM
    boo_star wrote: »
    "The end" seems a bit over the top don't you think?
    At the moment everything they touch turns to !!!!, they are just showing themselves as totally incompetent and I expect customers will start leaving in droves if they don't think their money is safe. The longer this farce goes on the more customers they are going to lose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure