Universal Credit question

Hello
I’m currently claiming UC with my partner both working 43 hours per week on NMW. We already attend JC and they told us we gonna be paid next month but I’m just wondering what we will get if we both work 43 hours per week, I know about work allowance but doesn’t apply for us cos we don’t have children or any health conditions so just wanted to ask if we will get anything at all because they ask us to keep attending appointment. Thanks

Comments

• You could try one of the "benefit checkers" like "entitled2" or "turn2us" and input all you details as we don't know all you circumstances.
  • assuming you are both between 21 and 25, your joint income is £560pw net

based on your income with no children or disabilities, i would not get hopes up for any help
  • Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,938 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The idea behind UC is to up your hours to the point where you earn enough money to not rely on UC. However once both of you are working 35 x NMW each per week then the appointments should really cease as you are fulfilling the requirements of the UC scheme and therefore conditionality shouldn't apply. Perhaps its worth reminding your work coach of that. Some of them don't appear to know their own rules.
  • Dmnd
    Dmnd Posts: 8 Forumite
    nope, you won’t qualify for UC
  • rjw273
    rjw273 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Hi, i have done a rough online calculation for you and you won't qualify for any Universal Credit payment.

Don't be disappointed! Your income is pretty decent for a couple and it is always good to be in full-time paid employment.
    If your situation changes such as one of you being made redundant or you decide to have a baby, try using the Policy in Practice benefit calculator. For me it seems to be the easiest and simplest to use and is easy to change parameters to see how much you would get in different situations.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure