PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What have you baked today?

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    It looks lovely, the kind of thing I could just keep on eating because it looks "healthy" :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • I made my Christmas cakes today - doubled the recipe and used the old Lakeland square tins where you can add dividers and make different sized cakes - I split it into 4 squares and made 4 cakes about 6"x6". I will only marzipan them and give a couple away as gifts
    EF - save $1000 in 2024 $70 saved

Annual Grocery shop $496/3000 - had to increase by $500 in March as groceries were so expensive, this is now $250 per month.
    March February $300 January $196

My Grocery vouchers not included in the annual total - I have $100 costco (Used January)
    Still have $35 Walmart and $25 Save on.

Started a diary to help me stay on track … @Time to slash the shopping budget and use up the store cupboard
  • VfM4meplse
    I made my Christmas cakes today - doubled the recipe and used the old Lakeland square tins where you can add dividers and make different sized cakes - I split it into 4 squares and made 4 cakes about 6"x6". I will only marzipan them and give a couple away as gifts
    If they turn out well, you may want to think twice about this strategy :D

Well done on the forward planning but don't neglect them, Christmas cakes are know for their thirst ;)

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Two batches of coconut biscuits baked on Thursday 15th November :)
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • One fruit cake, a batch of coconut biscuits & a batch of choc chip biscuits.

Pretty certain many of you are baking up a storm for Christmas :rotfl:
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • A red velvet cake, using a Bet*y Croc*er cake mix I found at the back of the cupboard which should have been used by May 2017. It turned out remarkably well. I was going to throw the box of mix away but the oven was on and I had the other ingredients so I'm pleased not to have wasted it. Mind you I've no idea when or why I bought a box of cake mix!
  • I actually never baked, fancied some easy snacks and I melted chocolate added crispies, nuts and dried cherries. Blobs on greaseproof and on trays in the fridge.
  • katydo12
    katydo12 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    tomorrow I'm baking sugar cookies, quiches and scones! looking forward to a baking day.
    on the road to recovery..:o
  • VfM4meplse
    I actually never baked, fancied some easy snacks and I melted chocolate added crispies, nuts and dried cherries. Blobs on greaseproof and on trays in the fridge.
    I can predict that these will go very fast!

• VfM4meplse
    Having finally mastered the art of rationing cake to just one small slice a day with my afternoon coffee, I am now confident that if I bake a cake / open a pack of biscuits I can make it last all week. Also, my niece and I had some successes in the kitchen before Christmas and in the first week of the New Year and our efforts were shared widely amongst family and friends, so I am planning to post on here more in 2019.

Am looking forward to hearing of others' baking creations for now.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback