'Supercard'/Tastecard

Comments

• Trust is a big thing so when a recommendation comes from MSE you tend to go with it. The supercard/Tastecard scenario has left a bad taste in my mouth ( no pun intended). I've paid my £3.99 on the back of this offer.. no offer I want refunded. There were clearly issues with this offer on Wednesday so why did MSE not pull it? Do I trust MSE again?? how this resolves itself will determine that.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    flizzy wrote: »
    ....... Are 0333 numbers usually included in your inclusive minutes on mobiles?

Yes. .
  • Quentin
    edited 22 July 2016 at 10:36AM
    thebenga wrote: »
    Trust is a big thing so when a recommendation comes from MSE you tend to go with it. The supercard/Tastecard scenario has left a bad taste in my mouth ( no pun intended). I've paid my £3.99 on the back of this offer.. no offer I want refunded. There were clearly issues with this offer on Wednesday so why did MSE not pull it? Do I trust MSE again?? how this resolves itself will determine that.

Whenever MSE features an offer it means millions are made aware and swamp the mentioned website.

You should be a little more patient to get your money back. (Assuming you applied after the offer closed)
  • liver-bird
    liver-bird Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    thebenga wrote: »
    supercard .. I feel super duped. I took advantage of this offer 48 hours ago..paid my money in good faith..now no "Tastecard". no emails.. MSE should have pulled this offer when they realised there was an issue..how to we get our £3.99 back..
    I know how you feel. The "button" to get the Tastecard code didn't work. Supercard said they would sort it - but nothing from them.

Pamper treatments etc sound like a pfaff, so not sure I'll even get £4's worth of anything. Wasn't sure whether to go for it or not but a bit fed up with it all now.

Supercard aren't replying (guessing as they have had loads of complaints etc) - but when it wasn't working they said to email them and they would send the code! Hhmm, not convinced!
  • Quentin
    edited 23 July 2016 at 12:06PM
    Now that it's been pulled expect MSE to deal with any fallout over them not refunding any £3.99s they won't honour.

See: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/deals-hunter/2016/07/19/free-12-month-80-tastecard-trick/

If you would like further help, please email [EMAIL="msedeals@moneysavingexpert.com"]msedeals@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]
  • Please accept our apologies for any issues you have encountered.

Our customer service team is working hard to answer all your calls and we will ensure that every enquiry or query has a response ASAP.
  • liver-bird
    liver-bird Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    OK, thanks. As long as we know they will :)
  • markxx
    markxx Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm trying to figure out :undecided if my Tastecard sub is for 12 months, assuming I cancel my Supercard after the 45 days...is there a time/date when this was changed by Supercard
    thnx
    Mark
  • theblagger
    theblagger Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Not sure why but my Tastecard sometimes doesn't work when swiped....no problems with app though Cx

Hows Neil....
    I refer to my byline below ...

Ad hominem
    An attack upon an opponent in order to discredit their arguement or opinion. Ad hominems are used by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence.
  • Quentin
    markxx wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out :undecided if my Tastecard sub is for 12 months, assuming I cancel my Supercard after the 45 days...is there a time/date when this was changed by Supercard
    thnx
    Mark
    This message was added to the MSE article on Friday afternoon (22/7/16):

Supercard has confirmed anyone who applies from now on and signs up for Tastecard, will lose that Tastecard if they cancel their Supercard.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure