Credit File Error

Options
Hi I need some advice.

I applied for a Trust Deed in 2015 due to Barclay Card debt and a couple of other things, however Barclay refused to accept it so it did not go through.

Since then i have heard nothing from BC and the Trust Deed has shown on my Credit File

I ignored it thinking it was an error and would leave it until the phantom TD was due to end (thinking then BC would chase me when they realised) however that date has come and gone and still nothing, the BC still shows default and the TD is still on my CF.

What do I do? If I tell CF they've made an error that will alert BC?

Phew feel a little better writing it down, any advice greatly appreciated.:j

Comments

• T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    The most plain advice I can provide is to find out from both parties what the situation is and then correspond between the two or allow them to do so to reach a solution.

You should have chased it up sooner if in confusion or doubt rather than leaving it, as this could extend the amount of time it will hang over your head.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If it's an error, you need to dispute it with the three CRAs (if it appears on all).

At present, it will be there until 2021. However, the same will be true if any defaulted debts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure