Mortgage Audit Bureau

Comments

• Just came back to see if anyone else has had any other dealings. My claim still ongoing apparently so no further forward.

Note to 'Moneyineptitude' - I haven't deleted any of my posts. I don't know where my original post is and am not a frequent enough user here to know whether it was deleted by admin for some reason?

My situation, and opinion, on this remains the same. They are telling me I had over paid and that unless I get refunded I will not be charged a penny. I have kept every email confirming this. The terms and conditions they sent me confirm it as well so they won't be getting a dime out of me otherwise!

One thing that does concern me is the lack of success stories. (Lack meaning absolutely none). These guys are MoJ regulated so I cant believe they're pulling a fast one here. Surely it would be too costly if they were found out.

Again, 'moneyineptitude' you have found some by all accounts - could you give me a link to one/some? There is no way I am prepared to for a mortgage assessment so would like as much info about that so I can best prepare my 'get lost' response.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    These guys are MoJ regulated so I cant believe they're pulling a fast one here.

MoJ regulation means absolutely nothing.

It's a bit like saying 'authorised to breathe oxygen'.
  • Would they not be risking a fine/removal of licence etc if they get caught doing anything dodgy?
  • mrginge
    mrginge Posts: 4,843 Forumite
    Would they not be risking a fine/removal of licence etc if they get caught doing anything dodgy?

You haven!!!8217;t grasped the way these firms operate have you.

Hint: they don!!!8217;t care because they have already banked your cash.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    mrginge wrote: »
    You haven!!!8217;t grasped the way these firms operate have you.

Hint: they don!!!8217;t care because they have already banked your cash.

I dont believe they have got to the stage yet where they approach GS for money to take it further.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I've not paid them a penny yet and wont unless I get a refund first.

As soon as they ask me for anything I will be pulling the plug and thanking you lovely lot for the info and guidance you've given.
  • I think I am another in a long line of people that were curious enough to click an as from the Mortgage Audit Bureau. Sure enough, within 2 weeks I received an email informing me Good News! Their 'forensic mortgage checker had 'INDICATED' my mortgage company and the 'HOPEFULLY' I could be a step closer to getting my money back! The wording of the email made me think. So I asked the question we all seem to have done, HOW MUCH?! Of course they weren't able to give me an exact figure other than the solicitors would not touch a case less than £10,000 and that the solicitors would confirm the figure once I had signed the No Won - No Fee Agreement. Hmmm. That's when I did a search and cam across this thread as having read the agreement, yet sure enough there is the 25%+VAT fee but there is also a £25+VAT admin fee + a potential Barristers fee and associated admin fees. My suspicious mind is telling me once / if I won the case I would probably end up owing more than the over payment. What is to stop me going to my mortgage company and asking them directly? Sorry I am not providing any new information. At the moment I am not signing the agreement!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    What is to stop me going to my mortgage company and asking them directly?

Nothing. That's the whole point.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Bet you were not able to find any success stories either. Every thread I have seen starts of with people hopeful, pretty much told the same thing but then dies with no followup. People who succeed tend to post the outcomes. Especially when they have been told by forum posters that it wont get anywhere. People who fail to succeed generally don't return to confirm it. Especially if they have been caught for payments they were warned about.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Further update from them. Just had an email advising my claim is below their criteria. The amount they found is too low now to warrant a claim. Would cost me more than the amount found apparently. My claim has been closed. I haven't paid them anything and they refer to my signing the Conditional Fee Agreement confirming the no win, no fee promise.
    Although it looks like I am not getting a refund - so will cancel the holiday/new car - I can't see that they've any way of getting money from me.
    I've been advised to keep hold of the CFA copy as well as all emails from them confirming the no win, no fee guarantee for a few months, so will do this.
    Be interesting to see if anyone else has similar responses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure