Play.com contact email

Comments

• MiserlyMartin
    MiserlyMartin Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 January 2010 at 11:27PM
    Plays website is useless if you try to contact them. I have spent 15 minutes trying to find an email address for them and everytime you click a link in the page that looks like it will lead to a contact email, it links you off to some stupid FAQ that you have already read 5 times.

For a popular company they have got a really stupid website, fancy making it impossible to email! Going by this thread it seems they are going downhill. Are they going to be one of the companies go bust in 2010? I have been waiting 5 weeks for a DVD and they haven't even contacted me about the wait.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Plays website is useless if you try to contact them. I have spent 15 minutes trying to find an email address for them and everytime you click a link in the page that looks like it will lead to a contact email, it links you off to some stupid FAQ that you have already read 5 times.

For a popular company they have got a really stupid website, fancy making it impossible to email!

Makes it cheap for them - saves the bother of dealing with emails.

I had an appalling experience with them once - refused point blank to do anything with a faulty product because I'd had it for more than 30 days. As a result, I stopped buying anything more than CDs and DVDs from them, and from what you're saying it looks as if they can't even be trusted with that!

They're nothing but trouble, and the short answer is to ditch them and buy from somewhere that actually gives a damn about its customer. Play clearly doesn't give a s**t.
  • Am currently waiting for a computer monitor that I ordered from them on the 31/12. Have patiently waited until today to be able to click on the button and find out what is going on, only for nothing to change and still no way of finding out what is going on. :mad:

Have just rung up 0845 800 1020 which was Play.com to be told that they would cancel my order as the item was out of stock but had come back into stock, and reorder it. :confused: Why is that going to make a difference? Surely my original order should just be sent?!? It is still showing as In stock - Usually dispatched within 24 hours as it has been for the last two weeks.

This will be the first and last time I use Play.com for any high value item.

Will try the email addresses now as the person on the phone was of v.v.v.v.little help to say the least.
  • Am currently waiting for a computer monitor that I ordered from them on the 31/12. Have patiently waited until today to be able to click on the button and find out what is going on, only for nothing to change and still no way of finding out what is going on. :mad:

Have just rung up 0845 800 1020 which was Play.com to be told that they would cancel my order as the item was out of stock but had come back into stock, and reorder it. :confused: Why is that going to make a difference? Surely my original order should just be sent?!? It is still showing as In stock - Usually dispatched within 24 hours as it has been for the last two weeks.

This will be the first and last time I use Play.com for any high value item.

Will try the email addresses now as the person on the phone was of v.v.v.v.little help to say the least.

if i was you i would not buy this monitor from play.com as i am try to get my dvd burn replaced they keep telling me the warranty is with the manufacture the only will support it for 28 days
  • Doc_N
    sparhawk wrote: »
    if i was you i would not buy this monitor from play.com as i am try to get my dvd burn replaced they keep telling me the warranty is with the manufacture the only will support it for 28 days

There's a very clear message emerging here not to buy anything of value from Play because they won't act responsibly (or even within Jersey law, it seems) and deal with faulty goods unless they break down within 28 days.

There's a post above by superscaper that might help you, though. ;)
  • Just thought I'd add my experience with Play.com. My son got some money for Xmas and I ordered Transformers 2 for the PS3 for him on the 29th December. The item was displayed as 'In Stock' at the time of the order. I checked the order status after a week or so and the status was 'Awaiting Stock'. I figured this was probably just down to the busy Xmas period and it would soon be back in stock. Anyway, I've been busy the last few weeks and not had a chance to chase it up but as I still hadn't received the game today I used their website to request an update on the status and I got an email saying:

We are sorry to hear that you have not yet received your order. This item was only available in limited quantities and all stock has now been sold. As it is unlikely that we will be able to offer the item again in the near future we have cancelled the order.

So something isn't right here because their website was saying it was in stock when I ordered and they are now saying 'all stock has now been sold' - well it hadn't all been sold at the time of the order and the mail reads like they were still selling it recently. If what they say is true and there was indeed limited stock and it had all been sold at the time of my order, then why did they take my order in the first place? And why when I checked the status today before contacting them did it say 'Awaiting stock very soon'?

Also, when were they going to get around to actually telling me this? I suspect never if I hadn't chased it up.

I recommend you stay away from them.
  • Hello everyone,

I registered specifically for this thread. I'm a belgian Play.com customer for some years now and never had any bad experiences, except for this one time when a product simply arrived after 12 days, instead of the customary 5-7 days.
    I have ordered over 100 books, games, apparel and DVD's.

However, my penultimate purchase was a Bioshock 1 videogame for the Xbox360. It never arrived. After 21 days I asked for a refund, which has been processed as it should. Now I had preordered Mass Effect 2, which has been sent the 27th of january. It still has not arrived. As a coincidence, I also know one other belgian customer who also did not receive his Mass Effect 2 copy yet.

After so many years of faithful patronage, this is a real disappointment. I don't know if there is something wrong with their cooperation with the belgian postal service, but as there is no e-mail adress to contact them I have no way of finding out. Perhaps i'll resort to calling them, but I'd like to try to get some free feedback before paying tens of euro's to get a hold of them.

I do not know about laws in England, or wherever Play is actually situated, but aren't they obliged to provide a contact e-mail adress?
  • Doc_N
    Just thought I'd point out that this is now no longer true. There's just as much protection under Jersey law now.

There's the Distance Selling (Jersey) Law 2007 (equivalent to Distance Selling Regulations in UK) and Supply of Goods and Service (Jersey) Law 2009 (this is equivalent to the Sale of Goods Act and was only just brought into force on 1st Sept).

The only real difference now as far as I can tell is that where there's a limit of reasonable time up to 6 years to make a claim in England and Wales, it is 10 years in Jersey.
    Doc_N wrote: »
    There's a very clear message emerging here not to buy anything of value from Play because they won't act responsibly (or even within Jersey law, it seems) and deal with faulty goods unless they break down within 28 days.

There's a post above by superscaper that might help you, though. ;)
    Starrk wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I registered specifically for this thread. I'm a belgian Play.com customer for some years now and never had any bad experiences, except for this one time when a product simply arrived after 12 days, instead of the customary 5-7 days.
    I have ordered over 100 books, games, apparel and DVD's.

However, my penultimate purchase was a Bioshock 1 videogame for the Xbox360. It never arrived. After 21 days I asked for a refund, which has been processed as it should. Now I had preordered Mass Effect 2, which has been sent the 27th of january. It still has not arrived. As a coincidence, I also know one other belgian customer who also did not receive his Mass Effect 2 copy yet.

After so many years of faithful patronage, this is a real disappointment. I don't know if there is something wrong with their cooperation with the belgian postal service, but as there is no e-mail adress to contact them I have no way of finding out. Perhaps i'll resort to calling them, but I'd like to try to get some free feedback before paying tens of euro's to get a hold of them.

I do not know about laws in England, or wherever Play is actually situated, but aren't they obliged to provide a contact e-mail adress?

The posts above might help. They're based in Jersey, which is not part of the UK. I did read recently (probably on this forum) that complaints to Jersey Trading Standards (http://www.gov.je/EconomicDevelopment/PolicyRegulation/TradingStandards/) tend to get results. ;)
  • Starrk
    Starrk Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 February 2010 at 2:50PM
    Thank you, but I'm thinking it is not Play.com related this time. On a Belgian forum there are over 20 others still awaiting the arrival of their play.com copy. Perhaps it is our local postal service, i'll give it a go this afternoon.
  • Chillers
    Chillers Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Please can someone tell me what I can do to get action from play.com? I ordered an item yesterday morning at 11am, and at 1pm I realised it was the wrong thing and called them up to cancel the order. Initially I was told I could not cancel as the status was in "packing" and that I would have to return the item once I had received it. I told her that this was cr*p as it was only 2 hours since the order was placed, and it had not left their premises and therefore they would jolly well cancel the order. She said they would.
    I then found email address on here, so followed up with an email.
    Well, this morning have email to say item posted and a response to my email saying it was too late to cancel the order and I will have to return.
    I am furious. I am pregnant with a toddler and really could do without the hassle. Their customer service is appalling! But other than ranting at them, what can I threaten them with? Not a lot I fear!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure