6 years paid

Ok I’ve paid 6 years on an IVA now they are saying I owe them £2500 on extra earnings and I don’t have the money. If I offered them £1000 on full and final settlement do you think they would accept.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You have nothing to lose by asking but don't be surprised if the answer is no.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Did you receive a bonus or payrise in the last year or did you not complete the annual reviews properly.

You must of earning an additional £5K for them to ask for half of it - which is what you are contracted to do.
  • Spoll
    Spoll Posts: 3 Newbie
    I’m a nurse and work put me on nights which bumped my money up although it wasn’t guaranteed I’d be on nights
  • foxy-stoat
    You would of noticed that your take home pay had increased, hindsight would of said put half of the money aside or notified your IP at the time.

If you dont have the money and they do not accept the £1000 then they will extend your IVA a few more months to give you time to pay back the total outstanding - but depending on how much you have paid back and how much was owed originally they may well accept it.
  • Spoll
    Spoll Posts: 3 Newbie
    Yeah well when your struggeling in the Iva budget my child would always take priority!

I have already paid 6 years an year extra as I couldn!!!8217;t remortgage
  • foxy-stoat
    Speak to the IP, I am not sure they can extend an additional year.

You could always write a statement to say that the last annual review allowances were not enough, but at £208 a month shortfall (if it was a full year) meaning you would of been £416 a month take home better off then something wasn't quite right in the budget.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport