~Make upto £10 a day challenge January 2018~

Comments

• £405 in overtime for me so far this month.

Plus saved £4.90 on my phonebill via an upgrade (although got a £39 upfront cost ��)
  • £20 from eB*y sales today
    220/310
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    TheBanker wrote: »
    I had a random cheque for £5.

It's very strange. Capital One wrote to my mum's house (where I have not lived for 15 years) saying they owed me some money and were trying to contact me. I gave them my new address.

Several months later I received a cheque from them for £5 with no covering letter or explanation.

I am at a loss as to how they owe me £5 and why they wrote to mums. The account was closed a long time ago but I know for sure they had my new addresses because I remember using the card to buy furniture when I moved out. I am also pretty sure I would have closed it. And why a credit card had a positive balance anyway... who knows?

I also made 22p when I closed an unused savings account and they paid me the accrued interest.

It's all to do with banks and cc not notifying members of things. I forget now what it is. But someone received 93p credit to a closed account due to this banking error and they now have to make restitution.
  • bloomfelt
    bloomfelt Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    lynnejk wrote: »
    Afternoon peoples and a :hello: to CBC

Hiya and welcome to the January 'Fred'. Never too late to be making money. I have added you to the list of challengers and good luck with the challenge :D

WOW !! That's brilliant - how lucky you are :dance:

Back laters
    Lx

Thanks Lynne - very lucky unfortunately the luck didn't carry on with the car it's gonna cast me £300 :eek: to get the new exhaust done so it will hopefully pass mot 2nd time round but as I knew it would be a problem just thankful that's all i need to get done.
    Make £10 (£3) a day February 2024 Challenge £56.13/87
    NSD February 2024 13/19 target

DF Journey start date 17/1/2024 credit accounts £3779.36 current £3376.31
    mortgage £147331.36 £146972.93
    HTB Loan £44000 £44000
  • Evening all. Wasn't around last night, so my totals for the last 2 days amount to £39.07. £0.10 from Citizen Me, and the rest matched betting.

Have a good weekend all :)
  • That’s me adding £56.45 for this weeks efforts... hope to be on eBay tomorrow... trying to shake the flu after an awful five weeks of it! Pretty sure it’s deep in my lungs now... my money raised has been...
    £40 dad gift for birthday
    £0.36 Boots loyalty £9.82/£10.18
    £1 washing machine fairy again

Phone account changed as my contract is up... will be 24.99 per month better off... from feb 1st will send it to cc1... didn’t count it this time.

Sons swim lesson account cancelled... 24.99 per month better off... from Feb 1st will send to school trip savings pot... didn’t count it this time.

£3 amazon pantry credit awarded for prime postage opt outs.
    £12.09 to amazon credit from quidco (2% bonus for cashing out this way)
    Make £/day March: £1490.85 / £310
    Quidco £3,143.16 NSD Mar:14
    2024 Road Kill £1
    March Sales of Excess £240.85
  • Tjh1412
    Tjh1412 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Thanks for leting me join
    Checking in with £33.68 overtime, £3.20 Shopium and £10 fronto

So £46.88/£100 so far
  • Talia1
    Talia1 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Well eb@y is not happening, not listed a darn thing.

Reached pay out on pop so just waiting for a cheque but won't count til in. Tried again with panelb@se but get a lot of screen outs so once I can withdraw I won't be bothering again. PA is quiet for me at the mo.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
    total so far is £56.44

PAD challenge 2024 £5363.54/£4180 to pay

• Aesop
    Tjh1412 wrote: »
    Thanks for leting me join
    Checking in with £33.68 overtime, £3.20 Shopium and £10 fronto

So £46.88/£100 so far

how long has it taken for you to reach £10 on fronto?
  • Aesop
    Hello my lovelies. Can I come back? Just for a tester month (or partial month)
    Anyone know if lucky leftovers is working yet?
    MobX have kicked me off for reasons unspecified. That was a nice xmas pressie.

Anyone got an interesting saving plan? I'm comtemplating the save 1p challenge.. 1p on 1/1 10p on the 10th Jan 3.64 on Dec 31st.. ifI can find a spreadsheet I can tweak.

hello and welcome back.

luckyleftovers is working for some and not others. it is working for me but only allows 100 texts a day now no matter what you put (maximum I mean)

I hate mobile xpressions, they are such a fickle company kicked me off I complained they escalated and said decision stands.

so thats another one rid off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport