Companies in Default/FSCS Claims - Picture, London Scottish, Twopart

di3004
di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
edited 11 October 2009 at 12:25PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
This is a thread for MoneySavers to discuss claims for loan providers now in administration, including how to go about claiming, how claims are going and anything else reclaiming related.

Companies in administration:

Statement from the FSCS on Picture Finance

Statement from the FSA on London Scottish

Twopart Ltd
The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D

Comments

• pinknico
    pinknico Posts: 3,261 Forumite
    Thanks Di.

Information I have about my claim:

It is with Deloitte. It is one of the older claims as my form was returned in the middle of August 2008, reference number under 50.

FSCS say all payments will be a cheque to ourselves ( unless you chose someone else on the form)

I have been told at the moment Deloitte are collecting data on the claims from Picture and the insurer. T his will then go to a senior claims handler to deal with and calculate. It then goes back to the FSCS for them to look at and draw up the cheque.
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • busbyh
    busbyh Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    My claim with Picture started in Aug 08.

It has now been outsourced to deloitte and am hoping now that it has declared in default things will start moving at a faster pace.

My number is just under 300. My claim form was received at FSCS on 12th Sept 08.
    Spoken to deloittes today and they say they have started looking at and calculating claims. They said FSCS are hoping for all claims to be sorted within 6 months from Picture being decalred in default, although they would not confirm that this would happen. Think their hands are tied in as much as the info they are allowed to give out.
    xx
    dialysis,mammamia,honey.beaniebabe,saltyfish,funky,Gumbi,Lian,doogle,oldwulf,pinknico,Halpin,alyson,Barloo,jadone,demir,netabc,chickpee,dannyboy,tomgaskel,Lozza001,sandzb,di,marshallka,pengi,lynnie,busbyh,moggy,Kim66,honestbob,tobione,itdonk,arrongborne,thunders,newtonchang,mbones,showergirl, coffeetower,hayston,sappy,dolallytap,AuntieDeedee
  • beaniebabe
    beaniebabe Posts: 449 Forumite
    Information I have about my claim

My claim was originally with the FOS and later transfered to Delloites In July 2008. My claim number is between 100 and 150.
    I have spoken to deloittes who inform me that they are currently dealing with my claim. There is also many priority claims they are dealing with at the moment.
    We have heard that any compesation would be repaid to us in form of a cheque.
    Hopefully all claims will be dealt with by January 2010!!!!
  • beaniebabe
    Come on dialysis where are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pinknico
    edited 21 August 2009 at 8:15PM
    Busbyh thats a first for Deloittes to say they have started looking at and calculating claims. They didnt tell me that ,must have happened overnite!!
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • pinknico
    Hopefully Dialysis, Chickpea, Lian and Gumbi will drop by and give their stories.
    And anyone else lurking!
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • beaniebabe
    pinknico wrote: »
    Hopefully Dialysis, Chickpea, Lian and Gumbi will drop by and give their stories.
    And anyone else lurking!
    Lets hope so. I think this could be a very interesting thread. We must post on here first if we receive any positive news!!!:T
  • pinknico
    Yes, and after you have heard that they are looking at your claim and busbyh was told claims are being looked at and calculated (which they couldnt tell me yesterday) I will have to ring them on Monday to see if they are looking at mine! No patience me. xx
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • beaniebabe
    Yes, and after you have heard that they are looking at your claim and busbyh was told claims are being looked at and calculated (which they couldnt tell me yesterday) I will have to ring them on Monday to see if they are looking at mine! No patience me. xx
    Don't blame you Pinknico. I am a believer in Nagging them :D as they will soon get sick of you ringing and sort something out just to get you off their back!! :rotfl:
    I do think they tell you anything though, just to get you off the phone!!X
  • busbyh
    busbyh Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Busbyh thats a first for Deloittes to say they have started looking at and calculating claims. They didnt tell me that ,must have happened overnite!!
    I'm sure that's what she said.
    That they are calculating the claims and then they are sending them to FSCS to be checked.
    I asked how long it would take and she said she could'nt say, only that fscs were hoping to complete within the 6 month timescale.

Do you think I could have mis-interpreted this:confused: I also asked about the payments this month, but she was not in a position to answer. She says once they back pass the claims to fscs it is then up to them.

She says she wished she could give us some more info but was not able too.
    dialysis,mammamia,honey.beaniebabe,saltyfish,funky,Gumbi,Lian,doogle,oldwulf,pinknico,Halpin,alyson,Barloo,jadone,demir,netabc,chickpee,dannyboy,tomgaskel,Lozza001,sandzb,di,marshallka,pengi,lynnie,busbyh,moggy,Kim66,honestbob,tobione,itdonk,arrongborne,thunders,newtonchang,mbones,showergirl, coffeetower,hayston,sappy,dolallytap,AuntieDeedee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure