churchwood

hi all my partner is currently in a dmp with churchwood iv bin reading on here that ya can get the same thing for free how would be go about this and wat would we say to churchwood sorry if i seem thick but i dont really know much about these thing

any advice gratefully recieved
:mad: still waiting on halifax claim

:mad: i hate csa

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Yes. Talk to either:

Consumer Credit Counselling Service - Website: CCCS Telephone: 0800 138 1111

or

PayPlan - Website: Payplan Telephone: 0800 917 7823

Talk to either of those and if appropriate they will help you get moved across.

Churchwood won't like you moving since they are making a lot of money out of you. :rolleyes: They may try and tell you a load a twaddle about the free providers above, but don't believe a word of it. All they care about is not losing the monthly fee they are getting from you. :mad:
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • i second the not going with churchwood sentiment. i started with them about 4 years ago when i was 2K in debt and on a salary of 10.5K and living at home paying 150 a month in digs. they seemed to think it was a great idea for me. first 2 months all i paid was their fees which amounted to nearly £500. thankfully my mum opened a letter thinking it was for her and hit the roof at me, as nothing had been paid to my creditors for 2 months and one of them was issuing a default on me.

churchwood didnt want to let me go without a fight. it took a lot of debating with me saying i wanted to end it and that was the end of that and them coming back with but you need help you cant manage on your salary!!! it actually took my parents solicitor threatening legal action to get them to stop hounding me and accept that i was not going to be paying them each month.

go to one of the free debt charities and be cancel with churchwood and cancel the standing order asap!!
    Debt free 3 years early :j
    Savings for house deposit - very healthy

Cash back earnt so far £14.57
  • slim1982
    slim1982 Posts: 190 Forumite
    thanks for all your advice so shall i tell him to cancel his direct debit straight away and ring the number above then ring churchwood and tell em he wants to cancel
    :mad: still waiting on halifax claim

:mad: i hate csa
  • Deep_In_Debt
    Deep_In_Debt Posts: 8,579 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    I would ring CCCS, Payplan or CAB and see how they can help.

Yes, tell Churchwood to take a hike and cancel the direct debit to them. Even if the above can't help, you can do these things on your own and not throw money at these sharks.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport