PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    If you're on FB you can see her -
    https://www.facebook.com/mary.munro.90410
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Oh you mean Mary!!! I'm so glad we're not the only house ruled by a little Diva! I nearly renamed mine Mimi cos it's always me me me! ( But like yours she is beautiful Mar)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • He Who Knows fixed the carpet back down and when we flagged it up to the EA they were mortified, hadn't known it happened and so full of apology that we couldn't be cross. If yesterdays viewing doesn't produce a better offer we'll quite likely really consider the acceptable but not ideal one made by our Thursday viewer I just don't like being manipulated by a total stranger, whatever the reason, we did rectify the post on facebook and suggested checking status with the EA before posting in the future. No viewings today thank goodness, EA doesn't work on a Sunday so a day to hopefully just do what we want to and not be fussing the edges of the house all day. It even looks like a sunny day so I'll get some washing out to dry, can only be good!
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all,

Mar--the photos are gorgeous. Maggie likes to hide on chairs like that too. I hope you apologized for not attending to her every whim this morning :D

Mrs LW, I hope you get some interest from this last viewing, it will help put the other offer in perspective no matter what it is--either you'll know it is good enough or you'll know that actually it is worth hanging on a bit.

OH and I are off out for a walk this morning, a new area we haven't explored yet.

The paprika chicken last night was gorgeous. Probably not a week night meal, but nice for a weekend and if made for guests I don't think anyone would think it was 'healthy.' It probably could have done with slightly less yoghurt.
    https://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-matters/healthy-eating-toolkit/recipe-finder/chicken-paprika

OH is doing black bean burgers tonight, an old standby, but probably with a bit of hummus instead of cheese on top. Hugs to all who need them.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Mar, do you think that your cat and my dog are in cahoots?
    Millie thinks that 5.00am is an appropriate time for me to be up and getting her breakfast. She starts the waking up process about 15 minutes before this by first doing her morning exercises, rolling around on the floor and grunting in joyous anticipation of the day ahead. This is followed by the vigorous shaking of the head and the ears doing their castanet impression. If my feet aren't on the floor by that time vocal complaints are uttered.

I have been reading since then, all efforts to get back to sleep having failed.

The sun is shining but it is significantly cooler. Nothing at all planned for today. It's best that way so anything achieved is a bonus.

Mrs LW, enjoy your viewing free day. It's a pain, isn't it, to have to get the house looking like a shop window? My mother used to say that a too tidy house means that nothing was happening in it. I can only assume that my house is the scene of unrivalled activity. A bit like Softstuffs planned day yesterday. Or was that tomorrow over here? I lose track of where we are in comparison with Oz.
    In my book of quotes it says that we shouldn't worry about the world ending today because it is already tomorrow in Australia.

THOUGHT FOR SUNDAY

There are three things that are real: God, human folly and laughter. Since the first two pass our comprehension, we must do what we can with the third.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Gorgeous cat Mar, she obviously knows she's got you on a butty.
    I think it's a bit warmer today, I'm going to a blend versus juice workshop this afternoon!
    DD1 is interested I'm just tagging along, CHS will watch the GP.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I think it's a bit warmer today, I'm going to a blend versus juice workshop this afternoon!

I'd thought about going to that Hester, but decided I should stay at home and get on with the long list of stuff that needs doing. I'd be interested to hear what the verdict is. Either way I'd recommend juicing kale, as it's so tough that blending it leaves way too much texture :cool:
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Monnagran, that day was today for me, and now is my evening, and I'm knackered. But a few things have been done. We're looking tidier here, simply by virtue of some of our things finally getting into the correct rooms (and also because we're getting rid of some things too that either didn't work out or were surplus to renovations).

Mardatha, that poor neglected kitty... with the adorable, smug "I know who's boss" face ;). No wonder you got up, I'm not sure I could resist a face like that. I'm beginning to wonder if we're more of a cat than a dog household... despite loving walking the neighbours dog, he has "habits" which we couldn't live with (he eats *anything* in sight and keeps having to go to the vets!).

Glad the carpet went back down MrsLW, and also glad the EA showed concern.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Can I make jam without weighing the fruit and sugar, digital scales don't work on the boat.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Hello all. I have another week to read up on and I must because I notice up the page Lyn mentioning offer and house in the same sentence!

I have been missing quite on purpose these past few weeks. I'm going through a 'new', although probably very much connected, health crisis and I didn't want to wrap the whole thread up in my ruddy woes again. I'm going down the ulcerative colitis investigation route. My 'tummy problems' that we're IBS/woman's troubles and my own grain intolerance diagnosis over the years accumulated in a lot of pain, and some red stuff and some icky stuff these weeks. My heart rate played the fast game again even on the meds. UC can have an effect on the heart and can cause myocarditis and heart damage. The high inflammatory markers mean my body is and has been for sometime 'fighting something' and likely not able to fight infection. So after freaking out I'm embarking on another medical journey. At least, nearly two years on, I'm moving down towards investigation, hopefully answers and then a plan on bodily strength.

I always knew autoimmunity was involved somewhere.

I'm trying very hard to just get on with things.

My plot is manable and slowly coming to life. So far we've consumed 24p worth of over wintered greenhouse spring onions (I'm costing price per 100g from supermarket, weighing and working out the value of what I bring in). 24p!! :D

I left my knitting in the caravan but nearly finished my first knitted card and at home I,'m crocheting a chunky purple jumper for the autumn.

My printer has just finished printing a free t-shirt pattern so I' m going to give myself a headache trying to assemble it, cut it and find a nice Jersey knit online.

Keep on keeping on my friends. I'll be caught up in the next 24 hours.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback