This Duo's debt free journey

Comments

• DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Funny thing is he was my favourite lecturer until today. I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned lecturers should be supportive, we pay thousands of pounds to the university and the least we deserve surely is a little support when we are struggling. If I have that wrong then I really don't think that this is for me at all.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm in complete agreement with you! The whole point of uni is that you don't know everything... I hope you get sorted x
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • That particular lecturer sounds like an arrogant d**k who ought to be a lot more supportive of his students :mad:. Don't let him get you down. I hope you find a way of sorting out your software problem.

I'm sorry you feel lonely but I believe that there is someone out there for every one and I'm sure that one day you will meet the right person. And remember, siblings don't always get on.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Thank you Hairy, I didn't know if I was being oversensitive with the lecturer.
  • Not at all over sensitive, I would have been upset and annoyed if he'd said that to me.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • DebtFreeDuo
    What a difference a day makes.

This week

[STRIKE]Assignment for IM module [/STRIKE] - Submitted!
    Assignment for AS module - About half finished, will do some more this evening and submit tomorrow
    Assignment for FC module - To start Friday
    Assignment for TM module This is being moved to next week
    Flashcards for all modules in preparation for January exams - Still 3 to go

Well after an absolutely horrible day yesterday I am feeling much better today, I am more motivated than I have been since beginning this year at uni. I have figured out my software problems (all on my own!) and I have managed to write up the main part of the assignment using the software. I am so proud of myself, I can do this!!
  • Hey well done - that was a happy ending and a half!

Do you have student support at your Uni - maybe through the Dean's office or someone who is there specifically to be talked to about issues like these? It sounds like that thing of asking people to go in out of regular hours and telling them they'll lose marks if they can't needs sorting, if nothing else.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Nice work DFD! :beer:
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Hey well done - that was a happy ending and a half!

Do you have student support at your Uni - maybe through the Dean's office or someone who is there specifically to be talked to about issues like these? It sounds like that thing of asking people to go in out of regular hours and telling them they'll lose marks if they can't needs sorting, if nothing else.

I'm not sure, I would assume that they have support somewhere although this lecturer is also the director of the particular degree that I do so I don't want it to backfire on me in anyway which I'm worried it will because of the type of character he is. I will see if I can talk to someone in confidence at the university just to see whether or not they believe this kind of behaviour is acceptable. If they feel that it is then I may have to look at transferring to a different university next year.
  • Amazing progress, what a difference a year does make xx
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business