IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Urgent: Got CCJ on my credit records

Hi All
Just knew that I got a CCJ record on my previous address from oct. 2015 from NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT & I believe It's from PCM although I informed them for my new address when I moved.

Help please

Regards

Comments

• Ryandavis1959
    Ryandavis1959 Posts: 217 Forumite
    Apply to get it set aside if you want to try to remove it. £255.
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 July 2017 at 9:57PM
    put SET ASIDE £255 into the forum search box and loads of threads pop up with explanations

try these three sagas for starters

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5676423

and

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5676532

and

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5619223

whatever you need to know, its in those threads , and plenty more like them
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sassii wrote: »
    Hi All
    Just knew that I got a CCJ record on my previous address from oct. 2015 from NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT & I believe It's from PCM although I informed them for my new address when I moved.

This is covered already in 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' post #2. Please read it - you will need to.

And on shedloads of other threads as recently as yesterday, just look through or search the forum for 'set aside'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    I believe It's from PCM although I informed them for my new address when I moved.

Before you trump up £255 make sure it is not from your plumber.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Sassii
    Sassii Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Redx wrote: »
    put SET ASIDE £255 into the forum search box and loads of threads pop up with explanations

Thanks I'm preparing the draft now & got more information as 3 PCNs issued in 3 consequence days in April 2015 while the car not moved & 2 PCNs in different days in April 2015. I informed PCM debit collector company by email about changing address in June 2015 & the court told me PCM issued claim on Sep. 2015 with wrong spilling of old address as well & that is why it takes 2 years to appear on my credit report.

Regards
  • Sassii
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    This is covered already in '

And on shedloads of other threads as recently as yesterday, just look through or search the forum for 'set aside'.

Thanks Coupon-mad.

Could you please have a look in the below draft for set aside. Also that car was a company hire car is that worth to mention that in the WS.

Regards

I am xxxx and I am the Defendant in this matter.

This is my supporting Statement in support of my application dated XXXXXXX to:
    • Set aside the Default Judgement dated XXXXX as it was not properly served at my old or current address.
    • Order for the Claimant to pay the Defendant £255 as reimbursement for the set aside fee.
    • Order for the original claim to be dismissed or to be heard at a re-hearing

1. Default Judgement
    1.1. I understand that the Claimant obtained a Default Judgement against me as the Defendant in xxxx. However, this claim form has not been served to me at my old or current address and I thus was not aware of the Default Judgement until 09/07/2017 when I was doing a routine check on my credit file after credit agency updating their system on 19/06/2017.
    1.2 I understand that this claim was served at an old address (xxxxx). However, I moved to a new address in xxxx. In support of this I can provide confirmation from xxx County Council & utility bills showing my updated details for the purposes of paying those bills.
    1.3 I believe that the claimant abused the court process & mislead the court in purpose to get benefit of Default Judgement as:
    a- The claimant gave the court wrong spilling address by removing letter (T) from word (FLAT) to be (FLA) & that is why I never knew about that case and never appeared on my credit report. That information got from Northampton County Court help desk by phone & from credit score agency (Experian)
    b- The claimant been informed about changing correspondences address on 25/06/2015 (email attached) though his debt recovery agency but he chose to use the old address in his claim dated 08/09/2015 (3 month after).
    c- The claimant always hides his email address or fax so can’t get proof of receiving / confirmation of the letter content as post proof doesn’t proof the content. That is why I sent it by email to the claimant debt recover agency the only one provide email address.

1.4 On the 10/07/2017 I contacted Northampton County Court help desk to find out details of that case. Attached email which doesn’t have enough details of the case & they said they can’t provide more.

1.4. On 10/01/2017 I attempted to contact the Claimant using information given to me by Northampton County Court. I was not able to get through to a member of the Claimant’s staff to discuss, nor have I received a response to my numerous answer phone messages left on the Claimant’s legal department answer-phone. This means as the Defendant, I still do not have any details of the incident the Claimant alleges has taken place, other than the summary of charges now owed, which is shown on the Court papers.

1.5. According to publicly available information my circumstances are far from being unique. The industry’s persistent failure to use correct and current addresses results is an unnecessary burden for individuals and the justice system across the country. This is a topical issue: I note that the Justice Minister The Rt Hon Sir Oliver Heald QC MP announced on the 23rd December 2016 a consultation and information campaign to help protect consumers from debt claims. The consultation will look at ways to; “better protect consumers who are sent mail to inaccurate addresses and verify addresses again before a claim is sent.” The Minister added that “In the digital age, we must ensure companies pursuing unpaid debts make every reasonable effort to contact individuals, rather than simply relying on a letter to an old address.”.

1.6. On the basis provided above I would suggest that the Claimant did not fulfill their duty to use the Defendant’s correct old or current address when bringing the claim.

1.7. Considering the above I was unable to defend this claim. I thus believe that the Default Judgement against me was issued incorrectly and thus should be set aside and I ask the Court to kindly consider the reimbursement of the fee of £255 from the claimant should this request be successful.
  • Coupon-mad
    wrong spilling address

= spelling

1.4. On 10/01/2017 I attempted to contact the Claimant

you mean 10/07/17
    Also that car was a company hire car is that worth to mention that in the WS.
    Yes and if true, state that more than one driver was authorised to drive that hire car, and no evidence has been shown as to who the driver was on these occasions, nor has PCM complied with the POFA 2012 in terms of serving valid 'Notice to Hirer' documents to the hirer, which have a wording format and deadlines prescribed under statute (the POFA, Schedule 4, para 13 and 14 which requires a copy of the hire agreement to accompany any NTH). Therefore the hirer cannot be held liable in law and would have defended this claim, had it been served to the address that the claimant's agent had been emailed three months prior to the claim.
  • Sassii
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    = spelling

Yes and if true, state that more than one driver was authorised to drive that hire car, and no evidence has been shown as to who the driver was on these occasions, ......

Do I need to put that in set aside defend?. I was planing to put that sentence in WS for the case it self.

Also in my appeal to PCM in 2015 for that PCNs I state I'm the keeper that is why they followed me not the hired company.

Regards
  • Coupon-mad
    I would put a line or two, suggesting the basis upon which you would defend this, so the Judge can see that:

(1) You didn't receive the claim form, through no fault of yours, and

(2) That you have good prospects of successfully defending the claim at a hearing.

You can certainly state that no evidence of the driver has been shown and that you doubt that PCM complied with the POFA in 2015 in terms of 'adequate notice' of the parking charge in large lettering and/or in terms of the service of a Notice to Keeper (for each PCN) as required by the Act.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    It looks as though you have them by the short and curlies, how do you plan on exacting your revenge?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure