IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

[ En Te See] NTK ignored :( [Bee UU Legal] follow up advice please

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,613 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    https://uploadfiles.io/wetpy

That's a non-POFA NTK, only capable of holding a known driver liable. Nothing in there about warning the keeper recipient that they will/can be held liable. No wording from 8(2)f or 9(2)f of Schedule 4.

Usual desperate 'pay us money' signs:

https://uploadfiles.io/ndatv

BW Legal letter, not a LBC but I would reply to it and ask for all evidence relied upon:

https://uploadfiles.io/lxky0

But surely none of this (below) matters if the contravention was not inputting the VRN to register the car as that of a member of staff or patient?
    The original PCN/NTK shows a picture of the car leaving the car park, the Parking Charge Details list the Date and Time of Contravention that corresponds with a time **********, but without an entry picture, the exact timings cannot be known, if it can be assumed that the exit time has been stated? Has it?
    Does the one picture and one date and time make it reasonable to assume, yes I know, I know ??) there is no mention of the entry time ?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks for sorting the Links CM,
    and Agreed ref Pofa, Thankyou, 'Fruitcake' had kindly pointed that out for me but said to post everything in case there was anything they had missed.

So I will request full information held from BWL, NTC and the DVLA at this point then (FC had initially thought the letter could be LBC, But then thought otherwise, But suggested as you have that I should make contact to request full information Thank you

ref the sign, are you suggesting that none of the defences holds if the Contravention is "Vehicle Not signed in at reception ".?

Or that if the contravention is lack of signing in, then it wouldn't need an entry pic?
    Or the single exit picture and lack of an entry picture or both timings?

My contention is that without either entry and exit pics timestamped (as I had assumed was required) or a 'parked' picture, There is no proof of parking at all, merely of driving out of the carpark?
    The siting of this carpark is next to a primary school, in fact it is the use of the carpark by these parents that probably encouraged the Landowner to employ the PPC in the first place, I digress, but the point is that I have on occasion driven into this carpark literally to allow the flow of traffic to pass in the opposite direction when the very narrow street was chock-a-block with traffic, and numerous cars ahead of me and behind that wouldn't move, so the resultant exit pic would look identical to the one provided.
    Can you explain what you meant with that line please,

Cheers and thanks for your thoughts,

ROB
  • Coupon-mad
    ref the sign, are you suggesting that none of the defences holds if the Contravention is "Vehicle Not signed in at reception ".?
    No, but talking about no proof of parking only works if the car was only there very briefly, for 5 -10 minutes for example.
    Or that if the contravention is lack of signing in, then it wouldn't need an entry pic?
    No.
    Or the single exit picture and lack of an entry picture or both timings?
    No.
    My contention is that without either entry and exit pics timestamped (as I had assumed was required) or a 'parked' picture, There is no proof of parking at all, merely of driving out of the carpark?
    Yes, if the timings are brief, this allows a ''no fair grace periods allowed'' defence, like here in a case won today re 14 minute in/out ANPR images:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5851620&page=4

HTH
  • RippedOffBritain
    RippedOffBritain Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 27 October 2018 at 1:09PM
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No, but talking about no proof of parking only works if the car was only there very briefly, for 5 -10 minutes for example.
    Yes, if the timings are brief, this allows a ''no fair grace periods allowed'' defence, like here in a case won today re 14 minutes in/out ANPR images:

hxxps://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5851620&page=4
    Yes saw this thread through to completion, excellent result

Cannot be 100% certain on the timing hence ideally wanting both entry and exit but in this region of time5-10-15mins? cannot be certain but certainly Very short period Yes
    The carpark was also virtually empty because of the time " closed for lunch" so 'dependent on exact entry time', as exit time shows 7 mins after closure of the medical practice for lunch,
    No.
    No.

HTH
    Thanks

ROB
  • Coupon-mad
    exit time shows 7 mins after closure of the medical practice for lunch
    So it would have taken the driver time to ascertain that fact and the timings/when it would next be open, and they would have had to have briefly parked to go and find that out from a sign on the door of the premises, and then leave, having NOT accepted any contract to park.
  • RippedOffBritain
    First Anniversary
    edited 10 November 2018 at 4:11AM
    Have been busy trying to sort out a move for my mother since, but now that's fallen through I finally have some time to get stuff done, but BW have ramped things up again...
    Can someone kindly convert the link for me please

https://nfil.es/c7mUaa folder contains 2 files ,redacted copy of BW LEGAL LOC & redacted LOC additional information pack and claim payment form [other wise known as Toilet paper I believe?] selecting the files opens previews so that the files do not have to be downloaded any more , hope this works for you as the assistance is greatly appreciated.

Rather behind time, I am now preparing SAR for NTC and DVLA, do I also do BW L ? or as I have read elsewhere this is not necessary? EDITED, re-read CM's suggestion that although not LBC, would still request all detail.. So as I missed the original appeal opportunity with NTC and this is or will be my first connection with BWLegal, should this be a simple SAR request or to form some sort of rebuttal?

ROB
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry, I won't be downloading files to my machine.

Can I suggest you host them somewhere else?
  • RippedOffBritain
    First Anniversary
    edited 10 November 2018 at 5:11PM
    I'll try and find another way of hosting the letter :think::think:
    EDIT:- NEW HOSTING SOLUTION INSERTED IN POST ABOVE THANKS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE THUS FAR!!

REPEATED HERE IF YOU DIDN'T OPEN IT ABOVE
    [ https://nfil.es/c7mUaa ]

In the meantime does this SAR look on to send or please offer amendments as appropriate please.red sections added from Loadsofchildrens suggestions in the SAR fightback thread...

Norwich traffic Control Ltd.
    T/A Norwich Traffic Control
    Sackville Place, Business Centre
    44-48 Magdalen Street,
    Norwich
    NORFOLK
    NR3 1JU

09/11/18

FTAO:-The Data Protection Officer – Norwich Traffic Control Limited -This is a Subject Access Request (SAR)
    Dear Sir/Madam
    I believe you hold personal data on myself. It should be noted that contrary to article 13 of GDPR legislation no privacy information was provided to myself, the data subject, at the time of personal data collection. “Such Data is collected by your ANPR camera systems”. It should be noted that contrary to article 13 of GDPR legislation no privacy information was provided to myself, the data subject, at the time of collection. I, therefore, request access to my personal data, that you hold pursuant to Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation which, as you will be aware came into force on 25th May 2018.
    The vehicle in question is with VRN: XXX XXX and the information I require is to include, but not limited to your NTC ref.XXXXX. And in any case from the beginning of March 2018 up to now.
    Please find enclosed/attached a copy of the aforementioned NTK XXXXX along with a copy of my V5 to act as proof of my identity. It should be noted that you do not have my consent to retain this document, please dispose of it securely once you have read it!
    You should be aware, that I require a reply to my request within one month as required under Article 12, failing which I will be forwarding my inquiry with a letter of complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).

Please advise as to the following:

1. Please confirm to me whether or not my personal data is being processed. If it is, please provide me with the categories of personal data you have about me in your files and databases.
    1. In particular, please tell me what you know about me in your information systems, whether or not contained in databases, and including e-mail, documents on your networks, or voice or other media that you may store.
    2. Additionally, please advise me in which countries my personal data is stored, or accessible from. In case you make use of cloud services to store or process my data, please include the countries in which the servers are located where my data are or were (in the past 12 months) stored.
    3. Please provide me with a copy of, or access to, my personal data that you have or are processing.
    2. Please provide me with a detailed accounting of the specific uses and lawful basis that you have made, are making or will be making of my personal data.
    3. Please provide a list of all third parties with whom you have (or may have) shared my personal data.
    1. If you cannot identify with certainty the specific third parties to whom you have disclosed my personal data, please provide a list of third parties to whom you may have disclosed my personal data.
    2. Please also identify which jurisdictions that you have identified in 1-1 above that these third parties with whom you have or may have shared my personal data, from which these third parties have stored or can access my personal data. Please also provide insight in the legal grounds for transferring my personal data to these jurisdictions’ have done so, or are doing so, on the basis of appropriate safeguards, please provide a copy.
    3. Additionally, I would like to know what safeguards have been put in place in relation to these third parties that you have identified in relation to the transfer of my personal data.
    4. Please advise how long you store my personal data, and if retention is based upon the category of personal data, please identify how long each category is retained.
    5. If you are additionally collecting personal data about me from any source other than me, please provide me with all information about their source, as referred to in Article 14 of the GDPR.
    6. If you are making automated decisions about me, including profiling, whether or not on the basis of Article 22 of the GDPR, please provide me with information concerning the basis for the logic in making such automated decisions, and the significance and consequences of such processing.
    7. This should include any and all images, whether Still or CCTV, documentation concerning my Name and Address and VRN XXX XXX
    8. I am aware that the ICO considers this to be a simple request and therefore it is ‘free’ to the requestor.

Yours Sincerely,
    My Name as Registered keeper of VRN XXX XXX
  • RippedOffBritain
    First Anniversary
    edited 10 November 2018 at 6:52PM
    In addition to the SAR to NTC, is this one suitable for the DVLA? and is it ok to email them this one to
    "SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gsi.gov.uk"

Restriction of automated decision-making and data release under GDPR Article 22

Dear Sir/Madam,

I understand from reading the privacy notice provided by DVLA here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/driver-and-vehicle-licensing-agency/about/personal-information-charter

that DVLA will release my personal details to private and public-sector organisations providing they can demonstrate reasonable cause to receive it. It is also my understanding that this information is released electronically and automatically without human intervention using the Keeper at Date of Event (KADOE) system.

This arrangement falls under the scope of Article 22 of the GDPR, which states:

“The data subject shall have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her.” [GDPR Article 22(1)]

My concern is that this automated process does not:
    i. check that reasonable cause exists, or;
    ii. check that the KADOE System user has met their contractual requirement with DVLA, which includes verification:
    a) that information from the records are used for the reason given;
    b) that evidence exists that an unauthorised parking incident occurred;
    c) there is a valid and current agreement in place between the private parking operator and the landowner of the specific site in question to authorise the private parking operator to operate the parking scheme on their land and to take legal action to recover a charge on their behalf.

As such, I now request that any and all DVLA records containing my personal details as Registered Keeper of AA11BBB be marked as frozen so that all future decision-making involves human intervention and that - where the request is not from the Police or a Local Authority - I am always contacted by the DVLA in advance of the release of my data, so that as the data subject with rights as set out in the GDPR, I can express my point of view, obtain an explanation of the decision to share data and, if applicable, challenge it.

Please take express note that I am not requesting for a restriction of processing under Article 18 of GDPR but am instead exercising the rights for data under Article 22(3) which states:

“… the data controller shall implement suitable measures to safeguard the data subject's rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, at least the right to obtain human intervention on the part of the controller, to express his or her point of view and to contest the decision.” [GDPR Article 22(3)]

In this case, automated decision making is not required for entering into, or performance of, a contract between the data subject (in this instance, me as Registered Keeper of a vehicle) and a data controller (in this instance, either the DVLA or the appropriately named individual in a private company). Hence the exclusion given in Article 22(2)(a) does not apply.

Further, I note that while Regulation 27 of the Road Vehicle (Regulations and Licensing) Regulations 2002 provides a legal gateway for release of this information, it does not specify the means by which this data release should occur. I therefore contend that there is no Union, nor Member State, law applicable in this regard under Article 22(2)(b), and the provisions of Article 22(1) thus apply.

The only remaining applicable exclusion for automated decision-making therefore is given in Article 22(2)(c), which relies on the explicit consent of the data subject. This explicit consent had not previously been given, and by this letter you are now notified of this in addition to the withdrawal of any implied consent on which you may have been previously assumed and/ or been reliant.

Please confirm by return that you have fully understood the content of this letter, specifically my rights as a data subject and the provisions under GDPR Article 22(3), and that my records will be appropriately marked for human intervention and written contact to me, as the data subject, prior to release to any and all private companies.

Failure to acknowledge this request will immediately be met with letters of complaint to the ICO and my MP.

Yours Sincerely

Or is the simpler:-

separate email to SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gsi.gov.uk of the following form for each of my cars with date ranges covering the entire period of my ownership

“Subject : Subject Access Request VRM 123 ABC

DVLA Vehicle Record Enquiries section
    Longview Road
    Morriston
    Swansea
    SA99 1AJ

Dear Sirs

Re: VRM 123 ABC

As the Registered Keeper of the above VRM could you advise who has accessed my personal details with regards to this marque, how often and when did the DVLA send the keeper details ou?. Please advise the information with regards to events between 01/01/2011 and 10/11/2018.

I understand there is no charge for this information and look forward to your speedy reply.

Reg Keeper
    Current address
    xxxxx
    xxxxx
    xxxxx”

has there been a ‘better or more reliable set of responses with either approach? I would add something regarding the request to prevent further use of my data .??
  • Sorry to be a Pain, are the two SAR's in the above two posts appropriate? as I'm finally ready to send them after not realising I didn't have my V5 for proof of identification, I've now received a copy/replacement form showing keeper details.so can finally get them sent, is email acceptable for both DVLA and NTC ? and as above should my first contact with BW LEgal be a simple SAR like request? as CM commented here "BW Legal letter, not a LBC but I would reply to it and ask for all evidence relied upon:" or some form of rebuttal at this stage?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport