Options

Comments

• Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    xanthus wrote: »
    Two quick questions:

1: is there an official compensation delay form for Ryanair on their site? The link given on the Moneysavingexpert page is only for a refund if you didn't travel (in this case the flight was used but delayed by almost 7 hours)

2: can I claim on behalf of a friend? He travelled from Italy (and is Italian) to the UK but he's asked me to pursue the claim for him since my English is rather better than his.

xanthus,
    1. I seem to remenber there is some link or other that takes you to some form of complaint form....to which you will receive a generic 'not our fault, no compensation due' response.

2. Yes sort of. You could quite simply complete the process on his behalf using the ESCP. As an oral hearing is not usually held this is possible. Should any requirement to attend court be needed ( v. unlikely) you can be named by your friend as their 'Mckenzie friend' and you would be able to assist him in court.
    Or you could at section 2 of his ESCP Form A have yourself named as your friends representative.

Either way, if you haven't already...read Vaubans Guide and my post #569 on how to take Ryanair to court using ESCP.

Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • xanthus
    xanthus Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2015 at 4:41PM
    Options
    Dr Watson

Many thanks for your reply.

He's already had an email from them quoting "exceptional circumstances" so I think using their on line form (even if I could find it) would simply delay things.

Yes, I have read Vaubans Guide and you post #569, which were very helpful.

For the moment, and because it's quick and easy to do, I'm going to start the ball rolling using the MSN Resolver link.

Andrew
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Which, alas, they will probably ignore. :(
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • xanthus
    xanthus Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Not exactly - Had an almost instant reply saying that because of the volume of mail things could take a little longer.

Make of that what you will (just more delaying tactics of course!).

But at least I have registered a claim with them and have an email reply and customer reference number to prove it.
  • --Tony--
    --Tony-- Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Can anyone please recommend a no win no fee firm who have provided good results and more importantly have experience dealing with the European claims.
    The company I have been using are useless and are just sitting on my claim doing nothing.
    Many Thanks.
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    --Tony-- wrote: »
    Can anyone please recommend a no win no fee firm who have provided good results and more importantly have experience dealing with the European claims.
    The company I have been using are useless and are just sitting on my claim doing nothing.
    Many Thanks.

--Tony--,
    Go with Botts if wanting a NWNF company.
    Why are the company you are using doing nothing?
    Is your case stayed because of the tech issue argument currently holding up a heck of a lot of these Ryanair claims?
    Until judgment in either KLM v VDL, or the Barnes case appeal- there isn't too much they can do.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • --Tony--
    edited 13 August 2015 at 4:44PM
    Options
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    --Tony--,
    Go with Botts if wanting a NWNF company.
    Why are the company you are using doing nothing?
    Is your case stayed because of the tech issue argument currently holding up a heck of a lot of these Ryanair claims?
    Until judgment in either KLM v VDL, or the Barnes case appeal- there isn't too much they can do.

Many Thanks
    I don't want to go too far off topic as it's not a RA issue, its Cubana (Cuba airline), it's very similar to RA as they have no UK office but do have offices across Europe.

The company I was using lat replied 22nd May with:

"Further to our previous correspondence we are asking a lawyer in the Czech republic whether it would be possible to bring an action against Cubana in that country"

Prior to that message they said they doubted they could pursue, since 22nd May they have not updated the case or answered my requests for an update.

I don't really want to change company as they have already been in correspondence with the CAA etc and Cubana have simply not replied to anyone.

I did point them to your in depth instructions how to use the European court but it did not appear to help the situation at all.

As the flight was April 2012 we have time but as it's going to be a hard nut to crack I don't want it to drag to far.

Due to the complications of a company based in Cuba I feel a NWNF company is the best approach.

Might be worth calling Botts to see what they think.

EDIT: Not sure about Butt&Co some people on the other thread have been paying over 50% in fees.
  • pool-hustler
    Options
    I just received this Email...

Thank you for your enquiry to the UK European Consumer Centre. Please ensure that you quote your reference number (which can be found in the subject heading) in all correspondence with us.

Based on the information that you have provided so far it appears that you have a complaint against Ryanair regarding a long delay you suffered when travelling from Spain to the UK .

Unfortunately we are unable to contact Ryanair in relation to long delays as the trader is unwilling to cooperate with us without a recommendation from the appropriate National Enforcement Body. In this instance you can refer your complaint to the Spanish NEB for a recommendation on how Ryanair should resolve your complaint.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    --Tony-- wrote: »

EDIT: Not sure about Butt&Co some people on the other thread have been paying over 50% in fees.

The firm is Bott & Co. As with any solicitors you should check their level of fees and service (T & C's) and decide yourself if you are happy with them. Any doubts then email them and resolve before committing.
    If people have been paying 50% of their compensation the likelihood is that they have not interpreted the figures correctly.
    Given the airline you mention I doubt any UK based NWNF will take on but I stand to be corrected so please keep us informed.
  • --Tony--
    Options
    111KAB wrote: »
    The firm is Bott & Co. As with any solicitors you should check their level of fees and service (T & C's) and decide yourself if you are happy with them. Any doubts then email them and resolve before committing.
    If people have been paying 50% of their compensation the likelihood is that they have not interpreted the figures correctly.
    Given the airline you mention I doubt any UK based NWNF will take on but I stand to be corrected so please keep us informed.

Oops yes, my bad on the typo.

This is an example of their costs: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=68208492&postcount=299

I have already been taken on by a NWNF company (EUDelay) but things have ground to a halt.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback