Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    msnigella wrote: »
    Email received from Flybe today:

Re: County court claim number – XXXXXXX

Following a test case being heard in Liverpool County Court on the 25th February which was similar to your claim with us we are writing to update you on our current position.

We have reviewed your claim in line with the current exemptions under EU 261/2004 and without admission of liability and in order to save time and further costs being incurred by both parties, we are willing to settle this claim at the requested £432.69

Please complete the attached Form of Release if you are in agreement of this settlement and return it to me together with details of your bank account so that I can arrange a payment to you today. This should include the account number and sort code or IBAN number and SWIFT code for international banks.

I await to hear from you as soon as possible.

:j:j:j

Many thanks to everyone on this board for the advice :beer:
    How can they are quote Reg 261/2004 as the reason for the payout, yet deny liabilty? Bizarre to say the least.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    JPears wrote: »
    How can they are quote Reg 261/2004 as the reason for the payout, yet deny liabilty? Bizarre to say the least.

its interesting, What benefit is it to them? Or does it mean they can then continue play hardball with other passengers on the flight?
  • Butts
    Butts Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    In praise of Flybe......

My cancelled Flight from Dublin to Inverness was on 29th January.

Today less than five weeks later £200 compensation has arrived in my account following the refund of the original fare two weeks ago.

No quibbling just success - is this a record for speed of payout ?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 March 2015 at 10:56PM
    Probably..... :)

But I might beat you if KLM put money in my account by 14th March......
    However I did have the luxury and advantage of 6 hours delay at Schipol Amsterdam to submit my claim, before I had even completed my delayed journey... ;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Butts
    Butts Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    JPears wrote: »
    Probably..... :)

But I might beat you if KLM put money in my account by 14th March......
    However I did have the luxury and advantage of 6 hours delay at Schipol Amsterdam to submit my claim, before I had even completed my delayed journey... ;)

Reading some of the horror stories on here, I feel extremely privileged to have been remunerated in such a short space of time.

It was all achieved online with a minimum of effort on my part.

I wonder why ?
  • hi123
    hi123 Posts: 269 Forumite
    edited 6 March 2015 at 4:19PM
    Wanted advice
    booked 4 return journeys Leeds to Aberdeen for April due to work with flybe
    got email today all flights have been rescheduled for 90 min later and FROM AND TO MANCHESTER rather than Leeds and also says as rescheduling is less than 120 min No refund ifi I don't accept changes
    can fly be do this and is there any way I can cancel and get my money back
    I lose 8 flights as I can't reach Manchester at the times needed
  • OldManAhoy
    OldManAhoy Posts: 47 Forumite
    Hi
    What a bunch of chancers. You won't be entitled to compensation because you've been informed of the 'rescheduling' in good time. But this isn't rescheduling its a cancellation your booked flights were from Leeds to Aberdeen and back not from Manchester. Not an expert but I would go back to them and tell them that your flight has been cancelled not rescheduled and demand a refund. If you haven 't already check their T&C's. I think they are trying to be cute by classifying this as rescheduling
  • OldManAhoy
    OldManAhoy Posts: 47 Forumite
    10.2 of Flybe conditions of carriage. I'd suggest that flying from and back to Manchester not Leeds is pretty unreasonable and is a 'failure to stop at your destination'.
    10.2 Involuntary refunds

10.2.1 If we cancel a flight, fail to operate a flight reasonably according to schedule, fail to stop at your destination or Stopover, or cause you to miss a connecting flight on which you hold a Through Fare, the amount of the refund shall be: 10.2.1.1 if no portion of the Ticket has been used, an amount equal to the fare paid; 10.2.1.2 if a portion of the Ticket has been used, not less than the difference between the fare paid and the applicable fare for travel between the points for which the Ticket has been used.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    You booked to Manchester, your flight has been cancelled

If you wanted to "reschedule" from leeds to manchester they would certainly be charging you

You should be given a refund
  • hi123
    hi123 Posts: 269 Forumite
    thanks for all the suggestions have been on phone to flybe no straight answer
    it looks like they have abandoned the leeds to aberdeen route altogether
    so am still awaiting a clear reply to book alternatives but even eastern airways have suddenly increased their prices now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure