Being Fobbed Off?

Options

Comments

• Superdragonsmum
    Options
    DoaM - dammit, I just checked my account and it has NOT been paid in. Will it only show up in my account after 3 working days? She alleged it was paid in Saturday evening. Les - thank you for all that you have written, I don’t want the credit though, we only needed the lessons for our holiday so I felt confident my son would be safe in the deep end. If this woman is trying to get away with it I am going to give her negative feedback on all her pages.
  • Superdragonsmum
    Options
    DoaM - just reread your message - I had previously reminded her of my bank details for her to pay the money in so it would have been a bank transfer Saturday evening. Surely that would show up immediately? Isn’t it cheques which take three days to clear??
  • Superdragonsmum
    Options
    I can feel myself getting very angry, I think I need to calm down. It’s my bday tomorrow too, I can see this souring it.
  • Superdragonsmum
    Options
    I just got a message from her saying she paid it in on Saturday night and surely it must be in there, she said she will check when she gets home. I have no idea what to believe any more!!
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You could try a Letter Before Action, as previously suggested, but frankly for £36 it's not really worth following through on any threat to issue proceedings.

The potential costs would easily outweigh the value of the claim and there is the potential that even if you did get a ccj against her she would ignore it.

Negative feedback on Facebook etc is probably going to be the most effective thing to do but do it with a clear, calm head and stick to facts. Leave emotions to one side and don't get drawn into arguments or mud slinging.
  • Superdragonsmum
    Options
    Thank you Waamo, do you think she is deliberately leading me on a goose chase with no intention of paying or that I am overthinking things and she is just disorganised but well-intentioned? I mean how can a bank transfer not go through..?!
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    A bank transfer, in my experience, is pretty instant. A cheque only takes 3 days to show.

Have your birthday, relax enjoy it (certainly don't let £36 spoil it) and then decide what you want to do. A small bit of thinking time will allow you to think calmly.
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    DoaM - dammit, I just checked my account and it has NOT been paid in. Will it only show up in my account after 3 working days? She alleged it was paid in Saturday evening. Les - thank you for all that you have written, I don’t want the credit though, we only needed the lessons for our holiday so I felt confident my son would be safe in the deep end. If this woman is trying to get away with it I am going to give her negative feedback on all her pages.
    If her bank and yours support Faster Payments (most should now), a transfer up to £2,000 can be done in no more than 2 hours, and it's often much faster than that.
  • Superdragonsmum
    Options
    Thank you both. She is therefore clearly stalling or trying to get away with it altogether. I am make no that assumption based on her pattern of avoidance and the unlikelihood of her inputting the wrong bank details. What are your thoughts on why someone with an established swimming school would act this way over £36? Cash flow..? Hmm she’s signing up enough new customers on Facebook and they all have to pay upfront. What’s her game? Doesn’t like giving money up once she’s got it? Thanks, I will enjoy my bday, I’m just frustrated because I can’t understand her actions.
  • Superdragonsmum
    Options
    That should read “I am making the assumption..”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills