Credit scoring and balance transfer

2»

Comments

• Balance transfers.

They said I could apply to increase my credit limit but they would do a hard search. I’ve been reducing the limit as I’ve been paying it off but have £300 available at mo. Balance is £700.
  • Don’t reduce the limit

Just don’t overspend
  • !!! wrote: »
    Don’t reduce the limit

Just don’t overspend

Exactly. Thanks Gary
  • Oh..two weeks ago (before applying for the Admiral loan) I had applied for a Marbles BT card but heard nothing. Just been accepted for 6 months 0% £900 limit so can do the BT after all. I will only need to use £400 but another card is coming to the end of 0% rate. Just found out today and thought I was being refused for that as well until now!!
  • So long as the 6 months is definitely on BT's and not purchases then yes that will be fine to use
  • !!! wrote: »
    So long as the 6 months is definitely on BT's and not purchases then yes that will be fine to use
    Thanks Gary. Yes am strictly paying these cards off now. Should have sufficient funds from next month to not need them for purchases or for money transfers. I won't in fact even keep the PIN numbers. I will set up a DD so that the debt is paid off this time, within the 0% period.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure