Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Virgin Atlantic ONLY

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yes, file claim with VA first. Technical issues are almost never extraordinary so assuming doors opened 3 hours+ after scheduled arrival, you should be due compensation.
  • rsspence
    rsspence Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Flight was VS015 27/12/13, Gatwick to Orlando. I cant find any confirmation of the flight delay so am going from memory and my disappointment of 2 hrs 45 late. Might just give it a shot.
    Trying my best to save where I can......
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Put those flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say.
  • rsspence
    I have checked on both of the sites and they I have no claim, but do not give ant times of delay. Is there anyway I can get exact times?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    rsspence wrote: »
    I have checked on both of the sites and they I have no claim, but do not give ant times of delay. Is there anyway I can get exact times?

If both say no claim it can simply be due to the registered landing time being less than 3 hours after the scheduled time. This doesn't mean you have no claim since 'doors open' time is what matters. As previously adviced, file a claim with VS and then take it from there. If they refuse to provide 'doors open' time, take it to AviationADR or MCOL. Make sure you get your facts right, you've given two different years for the flight in your other posts.
  • rsspence
    Hi thanks for the advice. I will get the dates correct, well spotted. I will let you know how I get on.
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    VS94 21ST August CUN-LGW
    We were on this flight, and it arrived 4 hours 12 minutes late, this was after circling a couple of times due to congestion, I've looked at flight times over the last three months on this flight and even if it had flown the shortest duration during this period it would still have been over 4 hours, so could they realistically get away with claiming the congestion was the factor behind the delay being over 4 hours and only pay out for 3?

Flight took off 4hrs34m late for what it's worth.

Haven't had an answer from VS yet, so just wondering.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    N20Y1D wrote: »
    VS94 21ST August CUN-LGW
    We were on this flight, and it arrived 4 hours 12 minutes late, this was after circling a couple of times due to congestion, I've looked at flight times over the last three months on this flight and even if it had flown the shortest duration during this period it would still have been over 4 hours, so could they realistically get away with claiming the congestion was the factor behind the delay being over 4 hours and only pay out for 3?

Flight took off 4hrs34m late for what it's worth.

Haven't had an answer from VS yet, so just wondering.

Hi N20Y1D,

No not really, congestion is a regular occurrence, it's not extraordinary or even unusual at busy airports. It is inherent in the normal operation of an airline.

A valid claim dependant on the other reason/s for the late arrival.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • N20Y1D
    The flight was delayed due to a fault on the aircraft which was picked up on when it arrived from Gatwick on the outbound journey earlier that day so theres no way they can try and get out of that, which is why i was wondering about the congestion..

Fact is Virgin advertise the flight as having a journey time of 9hrs30m yet this flight actually took 9hrs13m so was quicker than normal even with the congestion..

flight aware details
  • N20Y1D
    Just had email confirmation they are paying the full €600.... Happy days, got confirmation that my £300 enhanced compensation has come through from thameslink as well....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport