New plan...time to see some movement!

Comments

• Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Your sales are really awesome! Well done for sticking at it! I seem to sell things in dribs and drabs - we don't have a massive amount to get rid of to be honest, but I'd like our place to be leaner before Christmas (and my son't birthday which is the week before) so maybe I should start the big toy clear out sooner rather than later!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,043 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    I was being sarcastic :)
    Hope it's bringing in the benjamin big or small parcels

Haha, I was being thick :o
    HI jwil

Just caught up on your diary. You put me to shame with all your sales and car boot sales! You are doing a fantastic job. Just think September, October, November and December are the busiest times for ebay so brace yourself for a busy time.

I think it feels amazing when the clutter starts to reduce and the cash comes in.

When I have some time I am going to make myself a cup of coffee and find your old diary, as I think it will be such a good read.

Take care and have a wonderful day.

SNTCC

Thank you, I keep trying to remind DH that now is the time to get listing ;)

That would be very brave reading my old diary!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Robin09 wrote: »
    Great amount of sales. I never seem to have much luck on the fb groups either. Did a car boot a while ago, made about £150 and dropped the rest at the charity shop on the way home. I am planning another sort out, to see what we could sell.

Yum to the lardy cake! Never attempted my own, but love to eat it :p

I'm glad it's not just me. Abba sells loads on there and seems to shift stuff well, here it's just a waste of time - even the other posts don't seem to move that much, so it's not just my stuff.
    Homegrown0 wrote: »
    Your sales are really awesome! Well done for sticking at it! I seem to sell things in dribs and drabs - we don't have a massive amount to get rid of to be honest, but I'd like our place to be leaner before Christmas (and my son't birthday which is the week before) so maybe I should start the big toy clear out sooner rather than later!

Thank you :) It's definitely picking up again now, it's a good time to sell! I like to go full out in Sept, Oct and Nov, and then have a break in early December so I avoid all postal delays, then I put stuff on again over Christmas itself as it's a good selling time.
  • jwil
    It's been a while since I've been on. I had another crazy busy week at work last week, with long days so no time to get on here.

Still some sales trickling in, a few annoying buyers :mad: I've had some back and forth with ebay CS about a case which was wrongly opened, closed in my favour and then they sent a refund to the buyer saying I had promised a refund and hadn't provided it. I contacted them again, and it has once again been closed in my favour. A couple of non-payers too. It's a complete pain sometimes!

Not much else to report really. We didn't sell this weekend. I did parkrun again and was aching so much I didn't do a lot else for the rest of the weekend :rotfl:

Hoping that we can get back into a bit of a routine again now that school is back and these meetings are over for a while.

Hope everyone is well :)
  • What a pain about ebay :(. I'd be the same if I attempted Parkrun!
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    What a pain about ebay :(. I'd be the same if I attempted Parkrun!

Ebay is so frustrating sometimes.

I did my run this morning and I'm aching again!
  • jwil
    Made a small pad of £1.72 to the mortgage today. Also cashed in £2 amazon from a survey site.

I don't seem to be doing much at the moment!
  • Are you serious? You're doing plenty.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • jwil
    Are you serious? You're doing plenty.

Thank you :) It doesn't feel like I'm doing a lot :o
  • jwil
    Another load of parcels went this morning, just one of mine.

I've received a £5 love to shop voucher this morning from RM. That will go towards something for little miss's birthday or Christmas I expect.

I've applied for and got the code for 30 free hours nursery, it won't be valid until January, but my nursery said to get the application in sooner rather than later as they only have limited places.

Trying to catch up on surveys. I'm close to cashing out on a few, and it's hard work trying to get there!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport