Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mattb87
    • By mattb87 9th Oct 19, 5:55 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 5Thanks
    mattb87
    Re-mortgaging & New Job
    • 9th Oct 19, 5:55 PM
    Re-mortgaging & New Job 9th Oct 19 at 5:55 PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm getting a little stressed about this so hopefully someone can help me...

My mortgage fixed term period is up at the beginning of March 2020. However, I am in the process of leaving my current job as I have an offer from another company. Do you think changing jobs right before I am re-mortgaging is going to be problem when I start the application? I am most likely going to stick with the same lender - Santander.

Whilst my salary is going to be increased with this new job, I'm worried that the lender will see that I haven't been in the new job for very long and that might be an issue for my re-mortgage application.

Could anyone add any thoughts/experience?

Thanks!

-M
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 9th Oct 19, 8:43 PM
    • 6,509 Posts
    • 4,401 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 9th Oct 19, 8:43 PM
    • 9th Oct 19, 8:43 PM
    if you simply go for a customer retention product accessed via your online portal, then no new credit check will be needed, especially as your staying with the same lender
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

143Posts Today

1,781Users online

Martin's Twitter