Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cuilean
    • By Cuilean 8th Oct 19, 10:34 AM
    • 693Posts
    • 1,320Thanks
    Cuilean
    Buyer opens INR, but gave a wrong address
    • 8th Oct 19, 10:34 AM
    Buyer opens INR, but gave a wrong address 8th Oct 19 at 10:34 AM
    It's me and my buyers with problem addresses again

I sent a low value item to a buyer on September 24th, and on October 3rd, got notification that the buyer had opened an INR. I apologised and sent a replacement using Signed For the next day. I can see that it was signed for yesterday. I do not alter buyer addresses in any way, so presumably I have seller protection.

This morning, the original order came back to me, with the Royal Mail "Addressee Unknown" sticker on it. I have sent the buyer a message to tell her this, but given that she's not acknowledged any of my previous messages, I'm not sure what sort of reply I'll get - if any.

As far as I can gather, I have done everything by the book. All postage was purchased through eBay, and I added the Signed For tracking number to the case, so eBay and the buyer will be able to see that whoever does reside at the address my buyer gave has received the replacement item. What happens next? The case is still open. Can the buyer escalate the case, even though something is clearly wrong with the address she has given?
    Cuilean 2005. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
Page 1
    • lindens
    • By lindens 9th Oct 19, 7:32 AM
    • 2,506 Posts
    • 7,256 Thanks
    lindens
    • 9th Oct 19, 7:32 AM
    • 9th Oct 19, 7:32 AM
    have you uploaded tracking to the case? do this and then contact ebay and they will close it
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 9th Oct 19, 7:41 PM
    • 13,717 Posts
    • 9,447 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 9th Oct 19, 7:41 PM
    • 9th Oct 19, 7:41 PM
    have you uploaded tracking to the case? do this and then contact ebay and they will close it
    Originally posted by lindens
    You need to add any POD/tracking at time of order/dispatch rather than when a case is open.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

1,997Users online

Martin's Twitter