Swimming hat for men

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    True but exposure to the cold and wet does not help.

You're in a swimming pool - your whole body is cold and wet. Really not sure why you think a cap will make much odds.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • elsien wrote: »
    You're in a swimming pool - your whole body is cold and wet. Really not sure why you think a cap will make much odds.
    I was thinking about saving time after leaving the pool. I am often in a rush and don't get my hair that dry which is what causes the colds, sorry I should have given more details, I am not that well at the moment, due to an ear infection.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,193 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 October 2019 at 5:02PM
    I was thinking about saving time after leaving the pool. I am often in a rush and don't get my hair that dry which is what causes the colds, sorry I should have given more details, I am not that well at the moment, due to an ear infection.

Not drying your hair is still not how you catch a cold. A cold is a virus and needs to be caught from someone else who already has the virus.

I have long hair, even in the cold weather I rarely bother drying it if I have been swimming, I just put it up in a clip so it looks tidy while I walk home and then I shower and wash my hair properly when I get home. Even then I don't use a hair dryer and allow my hair to dry naturally, regardless of the weather.

Incidentally if you get ear infections then swimming can make them worse. I have an ear issue and having taken advice from a pharmacist I have bought special mouldable jelly earplugs that I wear . Speak to a pharmacist , they can recommend something suitable for your ear shape and particular ear issue.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Ear infections, colds, back pain. Find another pastime.
  • jimbo6977
    jimbo6977 Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Wetsuit hood? Available from Decathlon among other places.
  • Thank you all. I will sadly need hats and plugs as I get colds often and need to keep my hair dry.
    I know it’s been answered already, but...

Colds have nothing to do with getting wet hair
    You do not catch AIDS from a toilet seat
    If your child looks exactly like your partner’s personal trainer this is not down to recessive genes
    Hanging CDs from the front of your lorry does not make you immune to laser speed checks.
  • I know it’s been answered already, but...

You do not catch AIDS from a toilet seat
    If your child looks exactly like your partner’s personal trainer this is not down to recessive genes
    Hanging CDs from the front of your lorry does not make you immune to laser speed checks.

STOP! My entire belief system has been shaken.
  • soolin wrote: »
    Incidentally if you get ear infections then swimming can make them worse. I have an ear issue and having taken advice from a pharmacist I have bought special mouldable jelly earplugs that I wear . Speak to a pharmacist , they can recommend something suitable for your ear shape and particular ear issue.
    I know - the first thing the GP asked was if I had been swimming
  • z1a wrote: »
    Ear infections, colds, back pain. Find another pastime.
    I get back pain, if I don't swim after being at the computer all day, the colds are only a seasonal problem, I only get them in the winter - and it is possible I would get some /all if I didn't swim.
    The ear infection should be fixed by ear plugs
  • I know it’s been answered already, but...

I know that colds are caused by viruses - probably not a good idea to walk around at 3 degrees centigrade with wet hair though. I used to do it when I was younger and thought that I was invincible but with age it has become a bad idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure