Autumn Slimming World Support Thread 2019

Comments

• klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    quite fancying trying those egg muffins next week as a change to cereal in the mornings
  • Morning everyone! Quite proud of myself- I was away for work yesterday and those evenings often result in unhealthy food choices. I was very tempted, but in the end had a baked sweet potato (with my HexA cheese on it) and salad. Veg box turned up yesterday too so lots of healthy things I can have for lunch today, once I've forced myself to get out of bed.
  • Down a measly 1/2LB! I suppose that's ok given that I went over my Syn balance but we always want more don't we. 1/2a week would see me drop out of the bottom of my range by the time we go away so I think overall I'm doing ok.
    Today's food is:-
    Hea milk and Parmesan
    Heb ??
    B banana
    L LO blue cheese and leek chicken and 1, yes one new potato. Lol
    D bns and bacon risotto
    Will be having a gin or two this evening as hubby is home after being in London for work all week

It's a gorgeous day here. All beds changed and one on line already. I'm going to try and spruce up the front garden before lunch as it is looking very "back endish" the leaves are starting to fall as well so the drive could do with a sweep and then it won't be slippy when it rains.
    Have a good day everyone xx
  • joedenise wrote: »
    How much cheese did you put in originally to make 4 portions? I'm sure you didn't put in 160g of reduced fat cheese, or did you?

Each portion will only have 1/4 of the amount you put in so shouldn't be too bad synwise. Even if it is a full 40g per portion you could have as your HEA and then the milk you use in tea/coffee which is probably less than a full HEA - it certainly is for me.

Denise

Erm... :o

That's what the recipe said to put in :o

So yes, it is one HEA per portion.

I made egg muffins last night and whilst they taste "bland" to me due to the no cheese, they are quite filling and I am them for my breakfast. Think they are free as they had onion, mushroom, pepper, ham, quark and eggs in.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • maman wrote: »
    Well done on your loss arkers.:T

I went to WI this morning and got a 2.5lb loss! :j Pleased with that although another half pound would have got me back in range but can't have everything. :)

I can see that you'd get fed up with the same breakfast and lunch for several days Pollyanna but if you cut out the fruit for breakfast and the salad for lunch tomorrow that could mean your only Speed would be in whatever topping you had with the pizza you've promised yourself. That would the biggest veggie pizza ever to get a third of a day's food as Speed on it!:D

By all means have eggs but have some fruit with it. Have a JP with beans but have some salad with it. We can eat loads on SW but it has to be the right things and if you're following Extra Easy that includes a third of Speed.

I don't want to confuse you but if you had no meat all day (so no sausages with the beans or on the pizza topping) it could count as one of the old Green days which were largely veggie and weren't ironically so fussy about Speed. I wouldn't recommend it every day but it would solve tomorrow's problem. :)

Going forward, when you do your meal plan for next week, plan your breakfasts and lunches too so that you get some variety in. :)

EE plan for today:
    B: NAS grapefruit (squash F), HEB Weetabix, HEA1 milk, half banana (F)
    L: JP (F) with cottage cheese and ham (P) spring onions and pickled cabbage (S)
    D: Austrian ham Hash (potatoes F, ham P, onion, celery, carrot, leeks, mushrooms S) with cauli and broccoli with HEA2 parmesan
    Syns: None

Well done on your weight loss!

I think I will always struggle with speed. Not so much that I don't want to eat it, but it is something that I will try to buy more of over time. If I lived with my dad still, we would be fine as he loves his fruit and veg, but tough when it's just me.

Having said that, me and Dad did do a swapsie thing earlier in the week where he gave me some apricots and I gave him some watermelon as the one I bought was huge.

I think as long as I don't feel hungry (cos I must admit this is the first diet where I haven't), and I am losing weight by staying within my syns and I am at least eating some veg, then I will be happy.

What is Austrian ham hash please? Sounds like Irish hash to me, but not sure what makes it Austrian.

Meal plan:-

B - Coffee (HEA1), watermelon (S), grapes (F), banana (F), 2 x egg muffins (S, P).

L - Jacket potato (F), beans (P)
    WW Yog (0.5)
    Going to swerve the crisps again today if I don't feel like them. Yesterday I had them as a snack after dinner.

D - WW Pizza with onions, mushrooms, peppers, ham and anything else I can find in the fridge (HEA2, HEB, S, P).
    Butternut squash chips (S?)

S - prosecco!!!!
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I think you're doing brilliantly midge:T. If I was that close to the bottom of target range I'd be ecstatic!:)

Sorry you had a big gain beanie:(. Do you know why?
    What is Austrian ham hash please? Sounds like Irish hash to me, but not sure what makes it Austrian.

I suppose most nations have their own version. The original Austrian recipe has caraway in it but I'm not a fan (except in cake:o). I've adapted it to SW and to our tastes so with all the potato, ham and veg I use cumin, paprika and a pinch of chilli powder. I think I prefer Corned Beef Hash but that's not syn free.:(
    I think as long as I don't feel hungry (cos I must admit this is the first diet where I haven't), and I am losing weight by staying within my syns and I am at least eating some veg, then I will be happy.

You will lose weight as by cutting out some of the foods you were eating before that's effectively cutting calories but it might not last as you won't have the balance. If it's difficult to buy fresh fruit and veg just for yourself then why not have frozen? Aldi do really good bags of frozen berries which are delicious with yogurt and frozen veg can be just as good value (money and nutrition) as fresh.

Enjoy your prosecco.:)

I'm not exactly sure of today's menu. I have to do my meal plan and shop for the week so it might change. From what I have in it's very low on Speed so I need to sort that.

I'm running low on skinny syrup but TKMaxx was a mess when I went there yesterday. They're converting a floor into Home Sense (not sure whether the dedicated store will close now) so I'll have to go to another branch. Does anyone buy skinny syrup anywhere other than TKMaxx?

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit (F), HEB porage with HEA milk, banana and skinny syrup (F)
    L: LO ham hash and veg (P, F, S)
    D: something with sausages (P) needs carbs (F) and veg adding (S)
    Syns: sausages 1 but not sure what else, maybe gravy, maybe wine ;)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 13 September 2019 at 6:31PM
    Been a busy morning today! Had a dental appointment and a nurse appointment and was also meeting a friend for a cuppa and chat.

Today's Green Day plan:

B - scrambled eggs & spinach on toast HEB, P, S
    L - egg & cress sandwich - HEB2, P, S
    D - LO veg biryani (made far too much yesterday!). will need to add some extra spice as was a bit bland last night. S, F

HEA - milk
    HEB1 & 2 - bread
    Syns - Vienna lolly 4;

Keeping syns low today as went over last night!

Denise

PS - even with the extra spice the biryani was still a bit bland so ended up putting a couple of Tbs of sweet chilli sauce on it for some flavour so another 3 syns.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Things are going a bit pear shaped here. DH is working tomorrow so his birthday celebrations started today. DD1 has been round tonight with cake and bubbles. Sunday it's lunch out with DD2. So far I've had a small piece of cake and bubbles I hadn't really planned.

The good news is that tonight's dinner is back on plan. We're having the sausages as a sort of tray bake with Mediterranean vegetables and new potatoes. :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :D
    Well done to the losers:T:T:T
    Maman Homesense is TK Ma sister company they sell skinny syrup that's where i buy mine :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    well it’s weigh in tomorrow and I can do no more! Filled in SAS logs all week and after having far too many syns for the first two days that pulled me up sharp and the rest of the week I have hardly had any syns, loads of free food and speed food plus all SW friendly home cooked meals.

After a breakfast of porridge and fruit I went to the coast today with my son and daughter. they had fish and chips for lunch and I had a salad! They had doughnuts later and I went into a greengrocers and bought some local plums to eat. we walked approx 12,000 steps. Came home and cooked SW style spag bol followed by fresh strawberries.

I will be distraught if I do not lose something tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure