Barclays Switch offer 1st July-30th November 2019

Options

Comments

• Dizzee_Rebel
    Options
    I already have a Barclays account with Blue Rewards and 2 direct debits & pay £800 a month in.

Do I need to switch another donor account into this account, which also has 2 direct debits?

So in effect I'd have 1 Barclays account, paying 4 direct debits out?

Or is there no requirement for the donor account having any direct debits attached to it?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »

Edit: And, just to further clarify, if further clarification is needed, I've just looked up 'Your Phone Numbers' in the App. It allows four, described as:
    Number linked to this app
    Home
    Work
    Mobile
    I can't see any "Your Phone Numbers" in my Barclays app. I have the latest version of it. Where am I supposed to look?
  • colsten
    Options
    I already have a Barclays account with Blue Rewards and 2 direct debits & pay £800 a month in.

Do I need to switch another donor account into this account, which also has 2 direct debits?

So in effect I'd have 1 Barclays account, paying 4 direct debits out?

Or is there no requirement for the donor account having any direct debits attached to it?
    There is nothing in the offer terms about needing to switch any DDs.
  • AlwaysLearnin
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I can't see any "Your Phone Numbers" in my Barclays app. I have the latest version of it. Where am I supposed to look?

In the "Accounts" section, click on the icon in top left (outline of head and shoulders)
  • colsten
    edited 13 July 2019 at 9:26PM
    Options
    In the "Accounts" section, click on the icon in top left (outline of head and shoulders)
    Thank you, I found it now!!:o

I can't see any Number linked to this app, only
    Home
    Work
    Mobile

I wonder whether there's been an issue with upgrades to the app, as I had mine for a considerable time. I think there are also differences between versions of the app when it comes to Mobile PINsentry. The screenshots and videos for it on the Barclays website look nothing like my app.

I might uninstall and re-install, to see whether it looks different.

EDIT: I did remove the app, and then install from scratch again. It still looks the same.
  • myth123
    myth123 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I opened a Barclays account (new customer) - had to go in branch with ID (very annoying!). Just waiting a few days to get the details before adding some DDs manually. A bit of a drawn out process to get the double rewards but after exhausting all other switching options it will hopefully be minimum effort in the long run after the initial drawn out process.
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, to say the least, I'm not impressed with Barclays at all. They managed to lose my online application, so when I went to my ID appointment I had to apply again in branch, which was referred, and I was then told I'd hear something more from them soon. All fine, sh*t happens, I can deal with that.

I then didn't hear another peep from the branch at all despite chasing, and had no idea what happened with either application until I received a text saying it'd been approved. I've had two credit searches on my file, I have an open account now but I have no idea whether it's from the online or branch application, and nobody on the phone can tell you anything. They also managed to link my account up with my old Barclays profile and started sending emails to an account I last gave them five years ago and that I don't use any more.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be switching. Nationwide may not give me £120 a year but at least they're predictable.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My switch has gone through. Bye bye Mr Tesco. yes, had to go in branch but that's OK, I did it for £120 of Blue Rewards! rather more than I was going to get with Tesco.

That's 2 a/cs switched in a month.......

Just received a second card reader in the post, now that I did not need!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • youngretired
    Options
    Has anyone that took this offer up who had Blue Rewards before actually received August payment yet?

It states by 2nd working day but i know the other month they had issues and it was late.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Has anyone that took this offer up who had Blue Rewards before actually received August payment yet?

It states by 2nd working day but i know the other month they had issues and it was late.

No mine hasn’t arrived yet.
    So unreliable !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family